Security Installer Community

optima compact

Kevin Taylor

I Have an Optima Compact fitted with a Honeywell AG6 external bell box. On return from holiday the control panel was totally unresponsive.

However there is power to the panel. The mains input is ok, and the feed from the transformer to the panel is reading 17v a.c. which is normal.

But the battery is down to 3v which indicates that it is not being charged. Does this mean the PCB has failed and I need a new panel.

Any suggestions please.

As James says and if you are lucky it will just be the battery.

If you are unlucky then the panel will have been trying to charge a faulty battery for years and the charging cct  will be goosed.

Fit a new battery and do a system restart.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1 hour ago, Kevin Taylor said:

I Have an Optima Compact fitted with a Honeywell AG6 external bell box. On return from holiday the control panel was totally unresponsive.

However there is power to the panel. The mains input is ok, and the feed from the transformer to the panel is reading 17v a.c. which is normal.

But the battery is down to 3v which indicates that it is not being charged. Does this mean the PCB has failed and I need a new panel.

Any suggestions please.

Would good if you upgrade the panel , use it as an excuse, get someone in to quote 

Not after a few days it wont, you need to test it under load ideally with a load test meter, failing that you can current test the panel. The only way to test without a meter is to remove the mains for a few hours and see how long the panel stays live for, once the bell starts ringing put the mains back on for 24 hours, then remove it again. If the sounder sounds immediately the charging circuit is fooked.