Security Installer Community

Issues With Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 Wireless Smokes (DF8M)

AmzWag

Hi Folks, hope you are all well.

I was looking for some advice. I have Honeywell Galaxy G2-20, today I fitted 3 wireless smoke alarms to the alarm via option 52.

I set these up in 1026, 1027 & 1028 as 24 Hour zones. I didnt test the smoke alarms as my 6 month old baby was sleep, however the RF serial number was picked up from the smokes when removing the cardboard from the battery.

The issue I am facing is that i tried doing a Night Set from B2, and i kept getting a message RF CHECK ZN 1026 SETTING ABORTED, RF CHECK ZN 1027 SETTING ABORTED, RF CHECK ZN 1028 SETTING ABORTED. The Lowest Signal was found to be 10.00 & the Last Signal was also found to be 10.00.

When i go into ENGINEER and back out again the panel checks for tampers & doesn't come back with any faults.

Is there any particular reason why i am getting RF CHECK ZN 1026 SETTING ABORTED & the alarm is not doing a Night Set? Also how do I go about removing the RF from a zone as a temporary measure while I figure out how to fix this issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks alot in advance.

so where is the RF portal situated and smokes in comparison and what portal and protocol is everything set to if everything is close by

Also what message do you get on full set, I  blagging this as usual but keeps us out of trouble while a real galaxy man gets here

Hi Al-Yeti. Thanks very much for replying. The RF portal is situated next to the panel, i.e. under the stairs. I have other RF sensors that already work fine, I've had the panel and RF working for the past 5 years so I'm sure the RF distance isn't an issue. My RF portal is within 5 meter distance from all sensors. It's a standard 3 bed house. I'm using V2 mode for reliability. I've not tried full setting at this time of the night as my baby son is asleep. 

See Al-Yeti, even though I've set the smoke zones from 24 Hours to Not Active, it still gives me the same RF CHECK error and won't let me night set the alarm. 

cheers

Amz

Hi Al-Yeti

In the G2 installation manual I see under option 50 = RF Options, I see the below entry.

6. RF Check Galaxy 2 Series Installation Manual The RF Check is a means of warning the user that the system is unable to determine the status of the detector. There are two options: 0 = No This option disables the checking of the RF Stop Set (see Section 8, RF Stop Set). 1 =  Yes This option enables the checking of the RF stop set.

I suspect my issue is related to that, as the prompt mentions RF CHECK. It seems logical.

I'll wait for the galaxy experts to contribute to the thread, they will have the wealth of knowledge. I already know galaxy guy as I have been using his self monitoring service for over 5 years now.

Enjoy your evening

cheers

Amz

Hi Al-Yeti

I have now managed to set my alarm :lol:

I disabled RF STOP SET on the panel configuration, so that it doesn't prevent me from setting the alarm.

For the 3 smokes, I put them all back to function 24 HOURS & I disabled SUPERVISION from RF Options on all 3 smokes.

I will enable the supervision on the smokes in due course to see if the smokes pickup a RF signal at least once every 2 hours. The RF STOP SET checks a signal every 20 minutes and the SUPERVISION checks a signal every 2 hours.

cheers

Amz

Hi James, when you mention no alarms from the device, are you referring to no RF signals or are you referring to not testing the smoke alarms prior to enabling them? 

The RF signal should be okay as I see 10 as the strength. Do you know how often the smokes should send a signal to the panel to say 'im here'? Is it within 20 minutes? The RF STOP CHECK must detect a signal within 20 minutes else it won't let you set the alarm. I read that you can disable RF STOP CHECK and enable Supervision on each device to ensure it received a signal at least once every 2 hours. 

I will re-enable Supervision tomorrow and run a soak test on the 3 smokes for 2 weeks.

Thanks

Amz

Hi Folks

I seem to have made some progress. For some reason the serial number of the problematic smoke got changed, don't know how but it was previously in the format 00123456, it got changed to 00012345. So the panel was not receiving any RF signals from a recognised serial number. I've restored the serial number and am now able to receive a RF signal again. I have turned on supervision for all 3 smokes as it's a built in functionality for this particular smoke range. I will monitor the events, if I don't get an alert in 2 hours then all is fixed.

Will keep you posted

Regards 

Amz