Security Installer Community

Texecom V4.00 Issues

PSE

TBH no point in me lying, I've been around long enough and respect people on here enough to know that does not work. Just telling what has been found and that we will look for the best solution to minimise the issues in the future. The wireless keypad is unique in many respects, not least the fact that it obviously sends larger packets of data than any other device, so issues are bound to be more apparent when signal drops off.  On the plus side nobody else has a wireless keypad that offers the functionality that we do.

@datadiffusion apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I completely forgot and just trawled back through my mail, no fault found by our QA guys, passed all functional tests, not sure what else to say?

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Soak test for weeks if reported fault, I have seen devices on test for 6 weeks plus, some literally forever, everything else from a test point of view at build is as required by BSI (KItemark), the relevant EN standards etc.... and our own functional tests

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Interesting thing is that both the keypads I fitted on Monday were over the 40% threshold you mentioned. On the ricochet monitor, One was 3/5 and the other was 4/5 on signal bars and both were direct to the panel with no hopping ?  

21 minutes ago, PSE said:

Interesting thing is that both the keypads I fitted on Monday were over the 40% threshold you mentioned. On the ricochet monitor, One was 3/5 and the other was 4/5 on signal bars and both were direct to the panel with no hopping ?  

The figures quoted are from the Ricochet diagnostics on the keypad, again if yours were that strong I definitely need that kit back to look at. I need to understand if anything else has contributed to the issues seen on this site, with that kit.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

4 minutes ago, AdrianMealing said:

The figures quoted are from the Ricochet diagnostics on the keypad, again if yours were that strong I definitely need that kit back to look at. I need to understand if anything else has contributed to the issues seen on this site, with that kit.

Ok, instead of me totally ripping this entirely out and sourcing an alternative, Can someone approve sending us a replacement kit with 2 keypads. At least I can speed up the swap out by importing the original config off my tablet before going to site. Then I'll arrange for it to come back to you. If that's possible I will speak with the customer tomorrow to arrange.