Security Installer Community

Texecom V4.00 Issues

PSE

The only difference is, It was purchased as a KIT002 with additional wireless keypad
The one here now is flying around with no issues, Could it be panel related rather than keypads. Clearly they work I've just proved / confirmed that

The KIT002 was one of the newer Elite 64, Firmware 4.00.24 and it was the first one we've installed of the newer variant and also for the wireless keypads
Admittedly I jumped straight onto bashing the keypad as to me, this is the latest product and thinking its just never a faulty panel.. it doesn't ever happen to us
Its effortless on my Elite 48 with a 32XP expander... What's your thoughts on this ?

Edited by PSE

Just now, PSE said:

The only difference is, It was purchased as a KIT002 with additional wireless keypad
The one here now is flying around with no issues, Could it be panel related rather than keypads. Clearly they work I've just proved / confirmed that

The KIT002 was one of the newer Elite 64, Firmware 4.00.24 and it was the first one we've installed of the newer variant and also for the wireless keypads
Admittedly I jumped straight onto bashing the keypad as to me, this is the latest product and thinking its just never a faulty panel.. it doesn't ever happen to us
What's your thoughts on this ?

I have no idea, but will get/do some testing tomorrow. I don't have a factory 64 panel, only one I flashed, I will get one of the guys onto it first thing. Thanks for taking the time out to have a further play, at least you now know they do work properly!! Will respond in this thread tomorrow when I have some answers.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Just now, AdrianMealing said:

I have no idea, but will get/do some testing tomorrow. I don't have a factory 64 panel, only one I flashed, I will get one of the guys onto it first thing. Thanks for taking the time out to have a further play, at least you now know they do work properly!! Will respond in this thread tomorrow when I have some answers.

Thanks,

Just saw your clip, yep mine works a lot faster than that! Be interesting to find out what it is causing it, I don't have any net remote errors on mine.

contrast would be nice but not a game changer for me, mine seems clearer than yours but that could just be the recording playing tricks.

31 minutes ago, AdrianMealing said:

Must say superb support here, no-one else apart from Texecom does this currently

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I fitted one so far it was just the same, super slow, freezing and errors. Was like using a udl keypad on slow connection, 3 second wait until button responds. Gave up powered down, Monday morning back on site to finish and much better no errors, but no where near as fast as the good video. Looks like a wired.

This was a new kit with the 48w panel. Doing a 64 next week im wondering if its gonna be better. Just figured they were always gonna be slow as it's wireless.

Contrast I agree is ****, I always fit at eye level where possible. But this is not correct really should be same as accessible switches.

OK boys and girls, we have done some testing and have found the following:-

• There is an issue with keypads when they are right on the border of hopping, but don't. So in the tests we have done response and speed  is good when the keypad is at 40% signal strength or better, below that it will slow down and as the signal degrades, get to a state mentioned in this thread, slow, possible missing text on the screen etc... and then eventually hop, if there are devices available
  • The point at which hopping occurs can in some cases, with one hop, actually make the keypad respond as if its a direct connection, this is when the keypad signal to the device its hopping through is high, like 80-90% plus, and the devices signal back to the receiver is high, again 80-90% plus, its almost impossible to tell the difference. If below these numbers speed is affected, as expected, as advised we do say that hopping keypads should really only be treated as arming stations.
  • When the keypad signal goes below 40% it will start slowing down, the weaker it gets, the slower it gets.
  • So I guess the question is what are we going to do about it?
    • The R&D team are involved and discussing what we could do to improve the issues
    • It could be as simple as forcing the keypads to hop earlier than other devices, but this is my simplistic non engineering view(there is absolutely no need to change any other devices they do not have the characteristics that will exhibit these issues

So the advice i can give now is, regardless direct connection, 40% or better exhibits similar characteristics as a wired keypad.

I will update this thread again when I know more, and can only offer our apologies for the issues caused and the fact that this is not documented. An addendum will probably issued and the manual, will be updated accordingly.

• Upvote 1

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

1 minute ago, AdrianMealing said:

OK boys and girls, we have done some testing and have found the following:-

• There is an issue with keypads when they are right on the border of hopping, but don't. So in the tests we have done response and speed  is good when the keypad is at 40% signal strength or better, below that it will slow down and as the signal degrades, get to a state mentioned in this thread, slow, possible missing text on the screen etc... and then eventually hop, if there are devices available
  • The point at which hopping occurs can in some cases, with one hop, actually make the keypad respond as if its a direct connection, this is when the keypad signal to the device its hopping through is high, like 80-90% plus, and the devices signal back to the receiver is high, again 80-90% plus, its almost impossible to tell the difference. If below these numbers speed is affected, as expected, as advised we do say that hopping keypads should really only be treated as arming stations.
  • When the keypad signal goes below 40% it will start slowing down, the weaker it gets, the slower it gets.
  • So I guess the question is what are we going to do about it?
    • The R&D team are involved and discussing what we could do to improve the issues
    • It could be as simple as forcing the keypads to hop earlier than other devices, but this is my simplistic non engineering view(there is absolutely no need to change any other devices they do not have the characteristics that will exhibit these issues

So the advice i can give now is, regardless direct connection, 40% or better exhibits similar characteristics as a wired keypad.

I will update this thread again when I know more, and can only offer our apologies for the issues caused and the fact that this is not documented. An addendum will probably issued and the manual, will be updated accordingly.

Time for firmware hack?

Almost sounds like the old 'actually a bit TOO close to the transmitter' problem, a bit like the time we tried to tune in our T2 campervan* TV underneath Crystal Palace!

Can't knock Ade / Texe for support though must be really frustrating. Any feedback on those two faulty Exodus smokes I sent back Adrian? It's odd because I've fitted tons, and some have

gone the full ten years without issue, a good example being I have 30 of them on a small estate of 5 houses I wired and alarmed, oddly they were new builds on a slope so huge 'basements'

AND boarded lofts hence huge number), not a single false alarm to date.

And yet another house fitted 2 and the heat detector, in the ground floor, of all places, FA'd.

*hired

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands