Security Installer Community

Texecom V4.00 Issues

PSE

33 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

If it makes you feel better hkc are testing a new mesh system , existing rf is very good , so this will be interesting

I bought a HKC panel & keypad the other week to have a play and see what the fuss is all about.

My god the new keypad is bad in every way :o and the programing.. well it's easy ish but bob basic.

I was expecting more as loads on here love it, but to me it's all a bit old for me, the only part i like is joe public can't buy it.

2 hours ago, PSE said:

I really hate doing this, especially with a product that Ive used for many years and personally have such a high opinion of the product. But I've had enough to be honest, the wireless keypads are slow as hell, the LCD screen contrast is a joke. There is no contract setting on the wireless pads, unless you install at head height it's unreadable. The blue backlight really overpowers the text. I've just spoke to technical who said that's how they are, nothing can be done about it, only the wired have contrast adjustment.  So much for these being identical to the wired version, they are miles apart.  These need contract adjustment

Simple really, if I'm not happy to have it in my house, it damn sure won't get fitted in a customers. I've arranged with the customer to go back and replace the system with an alternative.  This kit will end up being returned.  Anyone with a requirement for them should see one working, both of these are less than 8 metres away and are just slow and useless. 

I feel your pain, be interested in why they are so slow though?

i haven't installed one for a customer yet, I'm just testing one and it is as quick as a wired one for sure. you have a valid point on the contrast though as it does seem a bit dark.

2 hours ago, PSE said:

I really hate doing this, especially with a product that Ive used for many years and personally have such a high opinion of the product. But I've had enough to be honest, the wireless keypads are slow as hell, the LCD screen contrast is a joke. There is no contract setting on the wireless pads, unless you install at head height it's unreadable. The blue backlight really overpowers the text. I've just spoke to technical who said that's how they are, nothing can be done about it, only the wired have contrast adjustment.  So much for these being identical to the wired version, they are miles apart.  These need contract adjustment

Simple really, if I'm not happy to have it in my house, it damn sure won't get fitted in a customers. I've arranged with the customer to go back and replace the system with an alternative.  This kit will end up being returned.  Anyone with a requirement for them should see one working, both of these are less than 8 metres away and are just slow and useless. 

Don't understand it, I have one here right in front of me, works a treat exactly same speed and response as a wired one. Back light i accept the comment, although i don't see the issue personally.

IMG_1460[2].MOV

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

This is the device list, The control panel is installed in the centre of a large bungalow

Everything installed here is within 8 metres of the panel. So, Why I'm getting the issues is the question.

I've done the install myself this morning, So i know positioning is bang on and nowhere near any interference

On the subject of contract, Its really poor and is in need of an urgent review in my opinion.

What I don't get is why you decided to go for the large screen iconic blue display keypad

How come Texecom didn't stick to the standard keypad with a contrast that's massively easier to read at almost any angle

Using a bigger screen, bigger backlight = more consumption surely ?, even with the energy save mode on it must consume more

I'm just both amazed and disappointed as to why this just isn't the product it should be,  The product needs a technical re-evaluation

However, the keypad back plate is a better design, Screw fixing points are much improved and are better than the wired version.

2017-09-04 11.58.16.jpg

2017-09-04 12.14.20.jpg

2017-09-04 11.58.22.jpg

Your version of Ricochet monitor is incorrect. V2.18.2.2 was released in 2014!!!

You need V2.18.6 for V4 panels, wireless keypad and the latest receivers. LINK HERE

Regarding the screen, first time anybody has not liked it, seriously, no other feedback regarding the colour or size. Contrast yes, BUT this has an enormous impact on battery life, hence why there is no adjustment. And generally thi is understood and accepted.

Can you show an example of the slow garbled screens? Did you see the video I posted?

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Ok, But surely any as I see additional impact on a variable contrast could be offset if you made this with a conventional smaller screen

Smaller conventional screen, Less power requirement, less consumption.

Regretfully, I don't have any proof of the garbled display, Although I wish I did have to back this up
As I said earlier, The system was installed this morning, however will be ripped back out soon due to the keypads poor screen display

Admittedly, the video clip you uploaded isn't doing what these 2 keypads are, But you only have one connected there.
In addition, the video clip from your phone will show the screen resolution better that it is, However its not a real representation

This was an image I took earlier, It looks perfect, Not a single issue with contrast or clarity through a camera phone, When in fact its terrible to read the screen

2017-09-04 11.30.40.jpg

Edited by PSE

So did the keypads perform correctly on the site at the correct speed without issues?

Are you taking them out purely because of the contrast issues? Your own issue, or the customers as well? I am genuinely interested as this is not the experience we have had to date.

TBH I don't have an issue with the contrast on mine, phone recording or not, they are just a bit darker but easily legible. In my opinion more legible than the green screens.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom