Security Installer Community

Foscam FI8919W Username & Password Error

dufjax

We've recently taken over a site that is mainly Wbox & Hik but with a Foscam dome.

No matter what we try we can't get the Foscam FI8919W to work.  Hik & Adata NVR's state Username or Password Error.  We can access the camera via internet explorer and have tried copying and pasting the username and password from IR to the NVR but it still won't work.  We've tried defaulting it a few times also also tried setting up different user accounts.

Unfortunately the customer is unwilling to change the dome for a proper brand as less than a year ago he "paid a lot for it".

We haven't got any experience with Foscam and have tried contacting their "support" who are as about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard and insist we are using incorrect login details.

Anyone offer any ideas.... apart from the obvious of put it where it belongs... the bin!

Aren't Foscam that cheap and narsty make that a lot of the Home Automation people seem to push?

Bloody hell, Eddie, my tat-o-meter is going doolally!

Capture.JPG.8abb3ed631f44276531970b92d164a37.JPG

p.s Yes, I realise this post isn't helpful, but neither is your customer!

Presumably it's not so much a password error, rather that the login string is incorrect for the camera eg. perhaps the NVR is trying 192.168.0.1/login.htm?user=bloke&?pass=hello when it should be something different?

Can you manually edit this? Have had similar issues with e.g. Synology where you choose 'Panasonic E series' yet I had the odd-one-out in the range that is part of the 'E series' lineup but uses the login string from the 'Z-series'...

I guess you're using RTSP? e.g. foscam apparently http://IPADDRESS/videostream .cgi?user=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD]

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks for the replies, looking through our job system (pages of it!!) it looks like we've tried most things.

My thoughts are that it isn't ONIVF compliant or uses a proprietary version of, as Foscam (in some listings) claim it has ONVIF capabilities. I don't think we can change the login string on the NVR, also it looks like we have tried various software based tools where you can specify a string and I assume that didn't work either.

I'll look for a polite way to tell the customer he has been done,  I get the feeling he paid a lot more than the £99 (still expensive for what you get!) price I've just googled.

Thanks again for the replies.