Security Installer Community

Help with Pyronix Delatabell Plus Bell box wiring

Fantoma

I am in the process of replacing my external Bellbox which is connected to a Securit 700L Control panel, the system was installed when the property was built around 1996-7, there is no name on the Bellbox except the flaking writing with the Installers name & phone number.

Amazingly I still have the original Engineer instructions (with all codes) and it all still works after having replaced the Battery in the control panel, I then decided to check the Battery in the Bellbox thinking that was also due to be replaced, on removing the Bellbox cover I could see that one of the Battery wires was not even connected and just dangling loose and I suppose it was never connected during installation but has never caused a problem.

So after a bit of research I purchased a Pyronix Deltabelle plus Bellbox and I need some help with the wiring, I have cross referenced some of the wires but not all of them, bellow is what I have with some images of all components to help you help me.

This is my current set-up

Securit 700L Control Panel  

59a928191cd1e_ControlPanel.jpg.7af3be1f53e5562ae3531a9cebd984c4.jpg

External Bellbox

Bellbox.jpg.eda16d0ed6cd11091578062ba51e7c12.jpg

And this is the Installation diagram for the Pyronix Deltabell Plus

59a929117954a_PyronixDeltabellPlus.jpg.491c78f84d163a558cba3b4ec79e224c.jpg

My understanding from this is as follows, could you please confirm and fill in the gaps.

Deltabell Bellbox                                                           Securit 700L Control Panel

T (1st T) = Tamper Return (Yellow)                                                R- (Bell Tamper return)

T(2nd T) = Tamper Negative feed applied and                        - (Bell Hold Off Neg supply & Bell Tamper)  

linked to Negative in Bellbox (Black)??

Eng Hold = ????                                                                ???????????

STB = Strobe Trigger (Green)                                                     ST- (Strobe switched Negative trigger)

Bell = Bell Trigger (Blue)                                                     S- (Bell switched Negative trigger)

12v + = Positive Hold Off (White)                                       + (Bell Hold Off/ Strobe Positive Supply)

12v - = Negative Hold Off (Black)                                              - (Bell Hold Off Neg supply & Bell Tamper)

?????????????? (RED)                                        + (Bell Hold Off/ Strobe Positive Supply)

On my existing Bellbox I have a terminal E looped with a Black wire to A- which is connected to  Bell Hold Off Neg supply & Bell Tamper in the Control panel, is this E the old style Engineers Hold Off?

The Deltabell has Eng Hold terminal, where should I connect this to in the Control panel?

Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

If you need any more info or images please let me know.

Thanks.

Edited by Fantoma
Image move down.

What's wrong with the panel if it works? Stick a new NiCd pack in the old bell job done, if the bell is operational.

As for fitting the new, you seem to have worked it out, red and white are connected to the same place so the same thing.

Engineer hold off wasn't really around when the 700L was made, so do with it what you want.

If your not sure, try wiring it up on a short wire adj panel before messing about up a ladder all day.

7 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

What's wrong with the panel if it works? Stick a new NiCd pack in the old bell job done, if the bell is operational.

As for fitting the new, you seem to have worked it out, red and white are connected to the same place so the same thing.

Engineer hold off wasn't really around when the 700L was made, so do with it what you want.

If your not sure, try wiring it up on a short wire adj panel before messing about up a ladder all day.

Your right plenty spares on eBay , especially keypads, so carry on like contracts, never upgrade and never move with the times 

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

It's an alarm! What's to get with the times, as long as it's serviced, is functional and suits the customers needs, I don't see a problem.

Yeah ok lol

3 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Your right plenty spares on eBay , especially keypads, so carry on like contracts, never upgrade and never move with the times 

Yes there's nothing wrong with the rest of the system and as I said one step at a time (not forgetting the cost).

I might try and get the ladders out shortly and I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot for the advice. 

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Thanks, trying it on a short wire is a great idea.

Success is a slow process, problem is I'm sometimes a bit too slow and I suppose on that basis I should be very successful but I'm not.

My point is I took my time with this little project and studied it to understand, then I came here to the professionals seeking advice and final approval, of course you did just that so acting on your confirmation I got the ladders out this afternoon and replaced the old Bellbox with the new Deltabell, reconnected the Battery and the powers supply at the control panel and jobs a guddun as they say, tested it and everything works perfectly with no problems at all.

BTW  I checked the old Bellbox and it was definitely dead but no fault showing.

I would like to thank all of you for your quick response and support in helping me out, I only submitted my post late this morning and the same afternoon jobs completed. I am extremely  grateful, oh and the banter's not bad either.

Now I need to work out how to close the post or mark it as completed (in the words of Homer Simpson.....Doh.... where's the 'Any Key')

Thanks again Guys.