Security Installer Community

G2-44 and IR800 PIRs

cjdavi34

I've installed my G2-44 panel and have added the RF Portal to it successfully. I've managed to add two wireless door contacts which work as they should. However, I'm having issues with the IR800M and IRPI800M wireless detectors. I've only got four of them and can get the panel to identify the serial numbers.  The problem starts after they've been left for a while and I try and set the panel and then trigger them or do a walk test. The LEDs flash quickly and the panel doesn't respond when movement is made.  When you go through the learning procedure again, it settles after a few minutes and you trigger the panel/walk test they respond. Any longer than a few minutes and they don't respond. I've tried the the 'older' RF portal with the wire antenna, and the newer version that has the 3 LEDs and the antenna built into the PCB but there is no difference.  Would the batteries in the PIRs make any difference? Also there is a wireless extender for my internet hub in one of the rooms. If anyone can help I'd be very grateful.

I am guessing your triggering all the sensors , then setting and then Immediately trying to trigger them 

Set panel , go out wait 3/4mins and then trigger them , go out meaning out of Pir area and wait 

yes, al-yeti. I will try this tomorrow. It's been narking me off all afternoon/evening.  I wrongly thought that they woul dbe similar towired models where they would respond to numerous triggers in succession.   I read on another post about 'auto reset' in the zones rf options menu. What does that function do?   Many thanks for your help so far.

Dunno about auto reset to be honest can't remember , but you can change the fail set time so if you have a Pir on exit this will stop any failset message and reset required on entry I think

it is 2 way but as with all things all 2 way isn't equal. OP the hkc 2 way rf works like wired but there are delays on the Honeywell 2 way. Auto reset iirc is for pirs etc and not to be used on contacts

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks all for your help, I've done as al-yeti suggested and it all seems fine so far. One other question, the newer rf portal I have has more jumpers on it than the older version. Does it make much difference if the protocol on the portal is set to (a1+a2)or (a1+v2). I can't find any info that explains what the difference is nor can I find out much about the sensors 

8 minutes ago, cjdavi34 said:

Thanks all for your help, I've done as al-yeti suggested and it all seems fine so far. One other question, the newer rf portal I have has more jumpers on it than the older version. Does it make much difference if the protocol on the portal is set to (a1+a2)or (a1+v2). I can't find any info that explains what the difference is nor can I find out much about the sensors 

Picture? I haven't seen that one 

Mr galaxy will may some thing soon? 

I'm not sure where Alpha 2 is used. The jumpers are correct. Peripherals should be configured for Alpha where possible, as it has better supervison.  To conserve battery life, the detectors will back-off from reporting every event when constant motion is detected.