Security Installer Community

Agility 3 cloud service

Groyney

Hi there I'm looking for some advice please. I bought and had fitted the agility 3 alarm system without any contract but have now been told that I need to pay £30 a year to have the app functionality. Is this normal? I was told when buying the unit that there were no hidden costs so I'm suprised to get a letter saying we will be cut off from the cloud unless we pay. Can anyone advise. Thanks

Risco were the only people doing this for free, every other manufacturer was charging for it. The signals from your panel go to a cloud server and then gets forwarded to your app, all that kit is not cheap, and it was on the cards that it would not be free forever. I was told that it all depended on sales on when they were going to start charging, I am surprised they went as long as they did without charging to be fair.

All those cheap Chinese DVR app servers will follow soon 

just run ur really serious business stuff through a free service?

sorry op it always amazes me that people expect lots from a free service. Security of home or business means very little to you then?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

6 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Risco were the only people doing this for free, every other manufacturer was charging for it. The signals from your panel go to a cloud server and then gets forwarded to your app, all that kit is not cheap, and it was on the cards that it would not be free forever. I was told that it all depended on sales on when they were going to start charging, I am surprised they went as long as they did without charging to be fair.

All those cheap Chinese DVR app servers will follow soon 

Thanks for this. Yes it all makes sense I guess. I just wanted to make sure the alarm company that installed it weren't making it up. 

5 hours ago, james.wilson said:

just run ur really serious business stuff through a free service?

sorry op it always amazes me that people expect lots from a free service. Security of home or business means very little to you then?

Home security means everything which is why I went for a security system that had won the awards that it had. Just because a cloud service is free it doesn't mean the system is no good in the same way paying for a cloud service it means you take security seriously or that the service is a good one.

36 minutes ago, Amps said:

8-9p per day to monitor the security of your property! Outrageous! 

Haven't got a problem with the cost but it was more a question of whether the alarm company were being accurate. I don't have a maintenance agreement so was just checking the fee was correct or not. 

27 minutes ago, Groyney said:

Yes less than 2 years old

So if I where to put my stripey jumper on & dust off my swagbag.....

If I opened the meter cupboard & turned the electric off I guess I've also turned off the alarm notifications too ?

Mr? Veritas God

2 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

So if I where to put my stripey jumper on & dust off my swagbag.....

If I opened the meter cupboard & turned the electric off I guess I've also turned off the alarm notifications too ?

No because it has a back up supply. Also if you did that the Alarm would be sounding before you got to the power. 

17 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

You've a UPS on your router ?

Whenever you've a power failure or connectivity fault your alarm sounds ?

Mini ups in router sounds good idea , I know who to sell that to

Excellent

27 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

You've a UPS on your router ?

Whenever you've a power failure or connectivity fault your alarm sounds ?

I'm not sure if the alarm sounds. I think it switches to the backup battery and alerts the user. No the router doesn't have ups but I've added the GSM/GPRS Module to  the alarm to help out if the internet went down or power is cut.