Security Installer Community

Kentech Fire Panel - Changing Apollo Sounders

Another simple question no doubt...

Not worked on a Kentech panel before (not sure on model either) but have a job Monday to change numerous Apollo sounders to there weatherproof versions same type of device but has a higher IP rating from what I gather.

Will it be a case of disconnecting the device, silence the fault, replace the device with the same address & protocol, reset the fire alarm all done? Or is there more to it i.e. re-learning the loop due to a new device being added.

I would of thought as long as my addresses are like for like it the panel will sense the same device has been refitted on the loop?

Any insight would be great.

Thanks,

I know its not the answer your looking for but you do know its you that's responsible when working on fire? Even if your working for a company, ie your bit is wrong and people die its prison?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I'm just saying be cautious. Fire is different. You say your are changing conventional sounders? In that case should be a simple swap. But as with all things your last to work on it. As long as your happy to take on all responsibility for the system, then it seems a simple job...

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

I'm just saying be cautious. Fire is different. You say your are changing conventional sounders? In that case should be a simple swap. But as with all things your last to work on it. As long as your happy to take on all responsibility for the system, then it seems a simple job...

Thought he meant addressable, and conventional is not addressed?

Well if your concerns are gunuine then thanks - only reason I posted here was for reassurance and the added fact I knew I'd get a quicker answer over the weekend than waiting Monday to speak direct with Kentec. 

Yeah not sure where conventional come about but it's all addressable.

2 hours ago, ElecTech said:

Well if your concerns are gunuine then thanks - only reason I posted here was for reassurance and the added fact I knew I'd get a quicker answer over the weekend than waiting Monday to speak direct with Kentec. 

Yeah not sure where conventional come about but it's all addressable.

Watching others , you address and swap over , unless there's some other lunatic setting on a kentec

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Watching others , you address and swap over , unless there's some other lunatic setting on a kentec

7 hours ago, Nova-Security said:

get a copy of loop explorer and take a copy of the system beforehand, but  it should be straight forward just address and swap

7 hours ago, MrHappy said:

A sounder like for like should not need level 3

if the sounders are xp95 & you change to discos ect you need to make changes

Makes sense, thank you