Security Installer Community

PAXTON Configuration utility issue

ElecTech

Hi,

For the paxton experts... I don't really use it but have had to install Net2 today with the configuration utility tool, all went well except when opening the Config utility took it just froze/remained searching for devices on initial opening. There is a unit on the same switch with a DHCP IP address (I think, haven't seen what it's picked up yet, this may be part of the issue). But surely after some time it hasn't found anything even if there is a problem the tool should still open encase I was to input devices manually.

doesnt seem to be getting past the first initial search and stays searching for 5/10 min plus then I've cancelled the search.. Anyone experienced it or know where I'm going wrong. 

Its been installed straight from paxton website this afternoon so all versions are current.

Can you disconnect everything apart from the Net2 stuff from the network temporarily? Then reset router.

I take it no different when the stuff is plugged directly to the switch using patch leads? And/or cable test on wiring from switch to door Cat5 wiring?

Also you can do a total factory reset on the net2 stuff which I did have to do once, it's in the manual, you have to short out one of the reader data lines to ground on power up IIRC.

Have installed a fair bit and not had this kind of issue but would try and eliminate other factors.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Try disabling your firewall, I had the same problem.

McAfee said Paxton had full access, but until I disabled it it would just take an age to do anything, not ideal, but I ain't had a chance to sort the firewall bit yet, so I just hook up to my doors with a switch directly to the lappy.

3 minutes ago, Rulland said:

Try disabling your firewall, I had the same problem.

McAfee said Paxton had full access, but until I disabled it it would just take an age to do anything, not ideal, but I ain't had a chance to sort the firewall bit yet, so I just hook up to my doors with a switch directly to the lappy.

I see, so you configure it with your laptop and put back on the customers switch then detect through the software as per normal procedure? 

Yep, had to change all the ip addresses to clients (school) requirements, then just connected back into server rack for Host pc to detect as normal via configuration utility.

As I say, I've got to sort the McAfee problem, but I was pulling my hair out, uninstalled/reinstalled net2 software, tried different ip range, etc etc, by chance I disabled av and firewall and found the firewall problem, not a happy bunny, took me the best part of half a day to fathom out what was causing the problem.