Security Installer Community

From Unknown PIR to Dual TEC

There's a place like that in Weston. Used to be the swimming baths, then after a year or two of the new leisure centre being opened in the mid 80's the council realised they could close them.

Derelict from mid 80s to early 2000s, but amazingly not burnt down, or particularly trashed, it's the usual flats upstairs and retail outlets downstairs type of affair, with the retail struggling to attract anything other

than an estate agent and 2 cafes.

One of the cafes from new, and nice outlook being in the filled-in pool area, was decent, until it was sold to a pair of coin-eyed plant hire operators who thought this would be a great wheeze to top up their

pension fund, and all they had to do was bung in a few Tesco Value packs of ham and a couple of bored 16 year olds.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I suspect-

The kids used to hand around the building before its was gentrified into a cafe,

& the kids have been told to "F off" with the same sort of "customer service" mentioned on trip advisor,

hence low flying bricks

Should Raymondo be viewing - you security film the windows/  graphic the windows which keeps broken glass together, get a security co. to visit after hrs.

Go to proper alarm co. & ask them to remove the ade pirs & black painted ventcroft, you want a proper graded system with proper signalling & a Merseyside Police URN. Don't mention you paid a grand for the old alarm as they may laugh their cocks off...

• Upvote 3

Mr? Veritas God

35 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Should Raymondo be viewing - you security film the windows/  graphic the windows which keeps broken glass together, get a security co. to visit after hrs.  need to send your staff on a customer care course.

• Upvote 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

8 minutes ago, norman said:

Just to let you all know that I have sent an email to your site sponsors to ask them for their opinion on the way you the moderators conduct themselves on this site. I will let you know what they say when they get back to me. 

Norman, I have told you to stop posting on this thread. Please do as you were told and remember there will be a chatroom Mod Huddle

at 1900 tonight. John Carstairs will be present with a timely reminder over the use of data and professionalism on the site.

Any Mods Grade II or lower unable to attend should provide a written reason or may be asked to consider their position.

I do not like to have to do this but we need to remember the reason we are here and that the 2017 Away Day hosted by Detection Systems

is entirely dependent upon the performance of this website.

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

Norman, I have told you to stop posting on this thread. Please do as you were told and remember there will be a chatroom Mod Huddle

at 1900 tonight. 

Any Mods Grade II or lower unable to attend should provide a written reason or may be asked to consider their position.

With or without hoods dude? I could have posted yours back .....

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RayPooley said:

Just to let you all know that I have sent an email to your site sponsors to ask them for their opinion on the way you the moderators conduct themselves on this site. I will let you know what they say when they get back to me. 

Raymondo, why not get your own shit in order 1st ?

I have never been so disrespected before in my entire life! As we walked in, one of my friends went to the toilet, whilst I looked for somewhere to sit. One of the staff, which I assume is the manager, looked very distressed by this and started being very rude to us. She told me that toilets were only for paying customers and I assured her that we were going to pay. Every time I spoke to her and another member of staff, they would roll their eyes and scoff. In the end, I didn't want to stay there any longer so I just bought a bottle of water (to which she scoffed again) and it cost me £2! She was so rude to us when I was nothing but polite and she humiliated me in front of the other customers. I stormed out and exclaimed that I would never return to which she replied sarcastically "Good, bye". I thought she treated us this way because we looked young, however from reading the other reviews she acts this way to everyone, I'm not sure why she hasn't been sacked yet because she is making the cafe lose customers. Food wise, theres not much to offer, when I visited there was hardly anything on the shelf. DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR DISPLAYED!

Went here with my gran and sister, only one table available and this hadn't been cleared. Joined the queue to order lunch ,whilst my gran uses the disabled toilet. Another customer asked a lady behind the counter to open the non disabled toilet as there was a queue. The lady behind the counter was in my opinion very rude and didn't want to open the toilet and was so stroppy. I was amazed at her attitude and the obvious sly looks to other staff. It made me feel uncomfortable witnessing the issues this lady had with a paying customer using the toilet. 

The menu choices are very limited.. either pie,sandwich,quiche or soup. We ordered soup, and two sandwiches and they were all bland and not worth the money. The coffee was nice. 

However ,we had to ask for the table to be cleared. That caused another scowl, and a very unfriendly removal of previous customers leftovers. 

There seemed to be constant consternation behind the counter about toilets being used. Very unhappy staff and unhappy food. 

Just a very unpleasant atmosphere and no idea about customer service. Would not return.

& before you spaz out.....

I know the name off the cafe (which I haven't stated) as you posted the images on google using the name "Ray Pooley"

The quoted content is from a popular review site, I'd link to it but it would only encourage you to email somebody & complain...

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

8 hours ago, RayPooley said:

What did they say when they stopped production and called you? 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

On 8/14/2017 at 17:23, RayPooley said:

The more I read about this stuff it's practically plug and play.

I think the above is where you went wrong Ray. If you go back prior to this statement most people giving up their free time to help you were quite willing.  Think about the above statement, you come to a website full of people making a living out of security and make out that a 10 year old with chock block tourrettes could do their job. What sort of reaction did you think that would provoke?? Its a bit like us saying anyone can run a Cafe but it would seem not, looking at your reviews. Your alarm system is very poorly installed but I suspect that you didnt really do any homework before your purchase like check reviews or see if they were approved, at least if you had chosen an approved co you could complain to the Worshipful Company of Security Installers and Brethren Of Domotics (Plymouth Chapter).

Someone has probably already mentioned this, but changing the detectors to dualtechs will not detect bricks btw, bricks are not burglars. The alarm going off after the window was smashed would not have made any difference either. The window would still be broken and the unhappy customer would still have run away long before anyone noticed. 

• Upvote 3

RayPooley, a quick sorry,

On 8/14/2017 at 17:47, RayPooley said:

The commentator above doesn't know enough about me or my background to pass judgement. As I said, there is nothing complicated about this stuff. It's just a matter of familiarization.

as you may be aware typing raypooley or ray pooley into google reveals lots of information about you,

Whilst I haven't linked to this information or knowing shared any information like your name, address email address, url, telephone number, mobile no or your full employment history whilst this may be the 1st result in google I understand your privacy concerns.

If I or other members have linked externally to anything ray pooley or raypooley please press the report button & I or any member of the mod /admin team will apprise the information that's posted & edit if necessary

I think everything posted in this topic is information freely available in the public domain, eg ray pooley or raypooley in an internet search engine, if not the case shout out

I don't believe we've linked to or posted any images of you or the cafe which may be the copy-write of ray poooley, again if not the case shout out 

Mr? Veritas God