Security Installer Community

From Unknown PIR to Dual TEC

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

All sorted , good to know you found a solution

Yes. This has been very helpful. Cleared up my initial question vis a vis the wiring. But I do need to take a look at the "breaking glass" option as well. I will be testing before implementing the final choice of sensor. Either on a bench or perhaps replace one sensor and test in situ.

cheers

3 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The dual technology sensor is not designed to be more sensitive, but less so. It's designed to reduce false alarms by requiring both PIR and Microwave technologies to trigger together in order to activate the zone.

You need to look at break glass or vibration sensors to detect the brick. The Honeywell Flexguard glass detectors and Viper vibration sensors are decent devices.

Most alarm detection devices are 12v DC with clean contacts, so are interchangable. Only the wireless devices are vendor specific due to the varying protocols and frequencies being used.

I intend to connect these sensors to a 12v DC adapter and test their response on the bench and see what the difference is. It will be an interesting exercise. 

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

I intend to connect these sensors to a 12v DC adapter and test their response on the bench and see what the difference is. It will be an interesting exercise. 

Looking at trip advisor,

Is the broken windows a comment on the customer service ?

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

5 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

Bench testing will hardly be beneficial for testing brick throwing but it's sensible wiring things up on a bench first before jumping into a project.

13 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Bench testing will hardly be beneficial for testing brick throwing but it's sensible wiring things up on a bench first before jumping into a project.

If it is going to work at all I would expect it to work with a ball,or something else, as well as a brick. It only has to be a moving object. i'm not going to be lobbing bricks around my lab.

13 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

And wondering whether you can be trusted with members' private data. Who do I speak to about that?

John Carstairs (@jonno1966) is our compliance and complaints officer

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, RayPooley said:

Yes. This has been very helpful. Cleared up my initial question vis a vis the wiring. But I do need to take a look at the "breaking glass" option as well. I will be testing before implementing the final choice of sensor. Either on a bench or perhaps replace one sensor and test in situ.

cheers

Amazing, that you didn't get why I said what I said 

When will you post test results , do you have break glass detector yet?

And what's difference between break glass and shocks ?

Still don't get why you don't just spend a bit more but just the way it is 

18 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

If it is going to work at all I would expect it to work with a ball,or something else, as well as a brick. It only has to be a moving object. i'm not going to be lobbing bricks around my lab.

What lab 

4 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Amazing, that you didn't get why I said what I said 

When will you post test results , do you have break glass detector yet?

And what's difference between break glass and shocks ?

Still don't get why you don't just spend a bit more but just the way it is 

What lab 

"Amazing, that you didn't get why I said what I said" huh?

Not yet. Just heard about them from a member.

Break glass and shocks? Not sure what you mean.

I am spending a bit more.On sensors. :-)

6 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

I am just reading this: http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/privacy/

.. and wondering whether you can be trusted with members' private data. Who do I speak to about that?

Ray,  didn't you share my data that you took from your own website on TSI for the whole world to see, not sure I saw any privacy policy or legal compliance stated on your website, please feel free to advise what went wrong on your data protection mishap... 

You have lots of info all over the net, name, addresses, telephone number CV ect... most of it on your website !

I have the cafe's name, address co. no, director, links to another co. duff reviews for the cafe on google & trip advisor

It all out their in the public domain, I've neither posted it or linked to it.

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

2 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Ray,  didn't you share my data that you took from your own website on TSI for the whole world to see, not sure I saw any privacy policy or legal compliance stated on your website, please feel free to advise what went wrong on your data protection mishap... 

You have lots of info all over the net, name, addresses, telephone number CV ect... most of it on your website !

I have the cafe's name, address co. no, director, links to another co. duff reviews for the cafe on google & trip advisor

It all out their in the public domain, I've neither posted it or linked to it.

Well, here's the thing. You quoted in one comment the port numbers from which I am posting comments. You don't get those off the net. You get those from log files.

In your first posted comment on this thread you went out of your way to use your system access privileges to look up my personal details and then proceed to make me aware that you had done so
by means of pseudo cryptic commentary. I have no idea why you felt the need to do that and do it in response to a comment that I made to another member. Not you.. Still, I'm a hairy bloke so no problem.

But if I were a female somebody might think that a little worrying. But whether you think it a problem or not is irrelevant. You are abusing your access privileges and for that I think you should have

them removed. What do you think?

• Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

"Amazing, that you didn't get why I said what I said" huh?

Not yet. Just heard about them from a member.

Break glass and shocks? Not sure what you mean.

I am spending a bit more.On sensors. :-)

Classic

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RayPooley said:

Well, here's the thing. You quoted in one comment the port numbers from which I am posting comments. You don't get those off the net. You get those from log files.

I have no access to any log files on TSI

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

2 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

In your first posted comment on this thread you went out of your way to use your system access privileges to look up my personal details and then proceed to make me aware that you had done so
by means of pseudo cryptic commentary. I have no idea why you felt the need to do that and do it in response to a comment that I made to another member. Not you.. Still, I'm a hairy bloke so no problem.

But if I were a female somebody might think that a little worrying. But whether you think it a problem or not is irrelevant. You are abusing your access privileges and for that I think you should have

them removed. What do you think?

Wow how come those quals ain't working ,

Now what lab won't you throw bricks around in? Thought it was a cafe

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I have no access to any log files on TSI

Like I said, you don't get port  numbers from the net.

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

Wow how come those quals ain't working ,

Now what lab won't you throw bricks around in? Thought it was a cafe

I don't live in the cafe.... and you lost me again with this "Wow how come those quals ain't working,"

Edited by RayPooley
  • Downvote 2

Just now, RayPooley said:

Like I said, you don't get port  numbers from the net.

I don't live in the cafe.

Can they be retrieved from your website when you have logged in?

If your good enough of course

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

Can they be retrieved from your website when you have logged in?

If your good enough of course

No. 

2 minutes ago, petrolhead said:

That info is available to anyone. Surely an alarm expert with more degrees than a circle and an it consulting business would know that?

milk and 2 in mine.

2 minutes ago, petrolhead said:

That info is available to anyone. Surely an alarm expert with more degrees than a circle and an it consulting business would know that?

milk and 2 in mine.

The port information is not available to anyone. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, RayPooley said:

No. 

The port information is not available to anyone. 

The port information is available to anyone with fing or similar on their phone, or Web based tools like yougetsignal. Very basic stuff for a computer application designer and developer.