Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 Wireless Kit

Hi Guys, 

We currently have a 10 year old, wired, Nexus 8 intruder alarm. Intending to change it and got a quote from a company for £1000. Anyway...seen this Galaxy G2-20 wireless pack online and it seemed good value for money.

Questions: 

1. Would it be easy enough to self install/replace the existing one with? 

2. I assume (from looking at online manual) that the only wiring that would be involved would be between the keypad, control panel and RF portal? 

3. How would I stop the bell box from going off outside if I was to change the panel about? 

Appreciate the tips guys. 

cheers 

IMG_6011.PNG

42 minutes ago, Matthew Copeland said:

Hi Guys, 

We currently have a 10 year old, wired, Nexus 8 intruder alarm. Intending to change it and got a quote from a company for £1000. Anyway...seen this Galaxy G2-20 wireless pack online and it seemed good value for money.

Questions: 

2. I assume (from looking at online manual) that the only wiring that would be involved would be between the keypad, control panel and RF portal? 

3. How would I stop the bell box from going off outside if I was to change the panel about? 

Appreciate the tips guys. 

cheers 

IMG_6011.PNG

I think the honeywell flex has better app options for future so not sure about the g2 these days waste of money , I wonder when they will stop production

43 minutes ago, Matthew Copeland said:

£1000 would all be relative on what's included and what's needed for the property. Have you not had quotes from a few companies?

44 minutes ago, Matthew Copeland said:

That's difficult to answer, it depends how competent you are? Also how much you value your time spending on working it out.

What about the bellbox? Is there something wrong with the existing kit?

You have to get up to it and hope you don't need to smash it to bits to open it. Unless the bell in question has a fancy engineers mode.