Security Installer Community

Scantronic I-kp01 keypal

So... what you are saying is that the time / date are now frozen at a certain point and not advancing?

Are you able to log in and otherwise use the alarm as normal?

Anything odd about your power supply either i.e running off an inverter on a narrowboat or something crazy?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hello. Yes this is exactly what's happening. The alarm is installed in a house with normal electrical supply. The alarm is working perfectly in all other ways. The time would move slowly when it was installed and has now stopped. The installer was not able to find the problem

sean 

Ah, right. Great.

The first thing I would try then, is (and don't laugh) whilst being fully aware of the dangers of mains electricity, turn off the system at the mains AND disconnect the battery, then back on again.

As you've probably guessed, the alarm will sound when you open the cover, and you'll probably need user code first when re-powering up, battery first then mains. You'll then probably need engineer

code to reset.

Don't bother resetting the time, just see how it gets on over the next hour or two. Even if you have already tried this, indulge me...

Meanwhile, a question... how far away is the keypad - who put the cable in, and do you know if it is copper or copper-coated-aluminium (you'll know if the latter as it's like something to make a spring with than a wiring system)

Also at the keypad, there is a jumper marked TERM or possibly RS485 TERM - is that jumper fitted?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yes I had already tried disconnecting the power,but have done it again. The keypad is about seven meters away from the control unit. The cable was installed by the installer and  it is copper cable. The jumper isn't fitted. Also at the keypad the terminal marked ET has a wire fitted but only to one side( not linked out). Thanks

Don't worry about the ET terminal, it was never implemented on any i-on model (annoyingly) and is ignored.

Assuming the time is wrong again, the only thing I can suggest is to connect the keypad locally via a short, new piece of wire about half a metre long.

If the time is still wrong, we can probably assume its the main unit, although I have never ever seen this fault before, though I personally avoid the 16;

as you probably know, the 16 model isn't flashable or upgradable and has no wired zones so not one I like very much.

Let us know how you get on connecting the keypad directly.

I'd have to admit if this was a genuine control unit issue I'd be surprised it wasn't resetting all over the place by now.

There is every chance it could be the keypad itself, I suppose.

Just to clarify, if you press Menu then your code, for example, and start scrolling through the menus etc... it behaves 100% normally?

Hard to know what to suggest that doesn't involve trying a new keypad and/or control unit. Never come across it before and doesn't even look like wiring x-talk.

I can't even suggest a re-flash as it's a 16.

If it was me I'd upgrade to a new Eaton IP-connected 30R, ( http://www.touchpoint-online.com/content/i-on30r) gaining the free monitoring app, then if you have to carry on and still change the keypad too you haven't exactly wasted your money :) 

Edited by datadiffusion