Security Installer Community

RISCO LIGHTSYS2 & Final Exit Set

Hi Folks,

We are an NSI approved company and are currently going through one of our inspections.

We have a RISCO Lightsys2 panel that we have connected up to a monitoring station with Police Response. We are being told to comply to BS8243 (for police response) that when we set the countdown timer from with the property, if the final exit door is closed and the system (during the countdown) does not see the final exit door open and then close then the system should NOT set. Currently our system sets while someone can still be inside the property, meaning someone can then set off a detector plus a confirmed alarm which would then go to the monitoring station and police - the system should not be able to set unless it sees the front door open and then close.

Our door is set to Final Exit which Risco says it should be, but despite many hours of manual reading and phonecalls, we just cant seem to find out what setting to change to stop the system setting from within the property when the final exit door is not opened and then closed.

Any thoughts help much appreciated. 

Having just flicked through the manual, I can't see anything like the 'final door' (as opposed to 'final exit', of which there are plenty) setting you would need which is curious.

Loads of timer options, EN etc... options, even an option that if the final door is opened twice if it alarms or carries on the timer, but final door to complete set, nothing...?

I do wonder if it gets 'sneaked in' by choosing any of the other EN options or something obscure? But it doesn't say anything like that.

I imagine to achieve instant set you simply set timer number 2 or 3 to 'zero' and choose it, as I can't even see a conventional option for that??

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thank for the reply,

We have Zone 1 our exit door set up as Final Exit on the zone type which we are being told from Risco is correct.

If the front door is not opened and closed we don't want the system to set at all so we want either the system to not set after the counter has finished or just keep on timing away. The system should only set when it sees movement on the final exit zone during countdown.

Final Exit is just the generic term for the device that will start the alarm timer. Risco are quite right in that they offer 'Final Exit' attributes (just like a Logic 4 did!).

It's not the same as Final Door, i.e having to open and close the zone to confirm setting, which is one way of satisfying the EN's and what the inspector is looking for.

I can't find anything like 'Final Door' in the manual. Am slightly amazed by this though.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I have read the whole manual (anything to put off hanging an actual door :) ) and can't see anything other than a plethora of options for conventional timed exits of various durations.

I've probably missed something, but it does seem even the EN menu has nothing about final door.

Edited by datadiffusion

13 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I assume it will it do an exit terminate ?

(adding a button is probally less hassle than reading the book?)

Hi, yes we tried Exit Terminate this morning and the system still sets from inside if the front door doesn't open and close. 

Edited by StirlingScott

Exit Terminate would set the the system if the door is already closed, that's fine! It's one of the 5? compliant methods unless I'm talking bullocks.

As long as the ET button is outside the protected area you'd comply, right other registered alarm monkeys?

Edited by datadiffusion

It would appear that when we set up the LightSYS Config using the software we get the option to tell the panel what standard to default to - we were advised a few years ago to set the panel to OEN for general set up of alarms, but for this option that we require, the panel must be defaulted at set up to OUK. Even then we are being told the panel doesn't have an option to tick etc but it just knows to follow the standard we require. 

We need to save the config, reset and reboot the panel for this option we require to take affect, we haven't tried this yet but will do so soon, will keep you posted.

If this works, yes its a pain this time around but if all we need to do in future to make this option we require available is to set the panel to OUK then it's probably not too bad.