Security Installer Community

cctv intruder combined ???

hwads

Hi

Im currently renovating our house so all floors and ceilings are gone, I have run 6 core wire to where I'm having pir's, keypad, bellbox etc and back to a central location. I have also run cctv RG59 cable (3 cameras). now my question is, Is there a box that will control alarm and cctv or will it have to be 2 separate boxes?. I also want phone alerts when either detect something.

Many thanks

Better to go seperate 

Some intruder alarms can send snapshots 

Better to have 8core imo 

Run a cat5 to every CCTV point next to the rg59 it will prove useful later and it's cheap enough to do

And where ever you might want a camera later run an cat5 there to , you might only want three cameras now but 10 in the future might be nice 

Scantronic (Eaton) and Vanderbilt SPC have a system where images from IP CCTV is uploaded via an app in the event of an intrusion.

However, unless you want to be being contacted every 5 seconds, and all night, (assuming the cameras are external), you might have to rethink what you want.

Also you would be far better with Cat5e/6 cables for new camera work.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

43 minutes ago, hwads said:

Thanks for that, are new cameras run from cat5/6 now or is this in the not too distant future?

You can still run some cameras on Rg but look up the following 

Poe cctv

Baluns CCTV

Cat5 CCTV