Security Installer Community

System Advice

Hi all, I'm looking for some advice. I've just moved into a house which has a Galaxy 16 system fitted, all looks good from an install point of view and is live as in the code panels are lit up. I have no codes or further information for it, Any thoughts on the best route forward with it? Is it easy to reprogram or does it just need removing and replacing? Could I get an engineer to reset/reprogram it? I'm reasonably competent electrically with both mains and low voltage systems however I'm not an alarm engineer :)

You will have a fair amount of trouble with this panel , better to get an engineer out who knows it well , they can reset all codes for you aswell , that will be the first thing 

Your first decision is to decide how competent you are, if your not certain best advise is to find an alarm engineer.

Your main issue will be knowing how to program it to what you need, easy for engineers using them all day.

It's likely to need a service and a new battery, you are likely to be up and running with less than an hours time for the work. Unless there's an issue.

If it's only an hour or two for someone familiar with setting it up etc I'd rather pay someone to do it as I've plenty of other things I can be doing. (Guess I'd be on it all day if I do it)

Do we have any recommended local engineers in the Formby area?

45 minutes ago, SparkUK said:

Anyone any thoughts on a reccomended engineer?

You near Liverpool? Have a look at the list on this site, otherwise someone local , one problem is some companies want contracts or not interested so you need maybe a house basher local to you , must be someone advertising locally , although not all may use galaxy