Security Installer Community

Outdoor Sensors - 1B-100 PERIMETER ALARM

Hi, I am looking for an outdoor perimeter alarm system.  

I have only just started my research so my knowledge is limited.

How reliable are outdoor sensors? 

https://www.ultrasecuredirect.com/wireless-outdoor-alarms/solar-powered-wireless-perimeter-alarm/long-range-wireless-perimeter-alarm-900-metre-004-2590-p219.html  

I found these above, based on the description they sound like that would be suitable, they work in pairs so both have to be triggered to raise the alarm.

Regards

John 

Chinky tat,

but work quite well, brackets ain't great, programming is worse, unlikely to work all the time off solar in the UK as not enough charge to go over night

its a chime for the drive rather than security...

Mr? Veritas God

14 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

EXPENSIVE Chinky tat,

but work quite well, brackets ain't great, programming is worse, unlikely to work all the time off solar in the UK as not enough charge to go over night

its a chime for the drive rather than security...

Fixed.

P.S OP you also posted the same question to a 3 year old topic (that had degenerated into an argument between members) - I've deleted this, you've done the right thing starting a new one like this, please don't double post or bump old topics, thanks! Also it never hurts to introduce yourself in the appropriate section >>> http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/forum/14-introduce-yourself/

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

14 hours ago, John Charnock said:

Hi, I am looking for an outdoor perimeter alarm system.  

I have only just started my research so my knowledge is limited.

How reliable are outdoor sensors? 

https://www.ultrasecuredirect.com/wireless-outdoor-alarms/solar-powered-wireless-perimeter-alarm/long-range-wireless-perimeter-alarm-900-metre-004-2590-p219.html  

I found these above, based on the description they sound like that would be suitable, they work in pairs so both have to be triggered to raise the alarm.

Regards

John 

Better off with an enforcer for diy at that price and add on as you can afford , wireless though 

14 minutes ago, John Charnock said:

I am thinking Visonic are a better alternative 

http://www.visonic.com/Products/Wireless-Property-Protection/Outdoor-motion-sensor-tower-20am-mcw  

Any thoughts ?

J

Interesting detector , 8 quad pirs .....

Anyone try one yet 

Used the Octoquad things as temporary scaffold protection and some early warning type perimeter protection.

They're OK but wireless is only one way, wired option available, good at picking up foxes...

I normally would suggest active IR beams, it depends on what your protecting and the environment tho.

7 minutes ago, John Charnock said:

It is for protecting areas of the garden that are vulnerable to access

the solar tat is upto 1km in range, (radio, not the the beam pair)

the visonic tat is a pir for back garden, the sort of size with neighbours with cats, balls ect....

I suspect either rigged up make a alarm will just piss you off until you disconnect it....

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

5 hours ago, John Charnock said:

It is for protecting areas of the garden that are vulnerable to access. My logic is to raise an alarm before intruders get an opportunity to start leveraging the patio doors.    

Who were you expecting to call? I get the logic, but in order to be able to give advice,it would be sensible to understand the risk. 

Are you expecting to be targeted specifically? Could it just be that your concerned about opportunists? Have you already had someone enter your garden?  I have done several projects of this nature, and my advice would be its expensive to do it properly, and if you dont do it properly its just a waste of money.    

• Upvote 2

BTW - I am not planning on doing this install myself, I am just acquiring knowledge so I know what to look for with a supplier.  

I have completed two online inquiry forms for two reputable local suppliers recently and neither of them has contacted me, the alarm business must be booming. 

J  

13 minutes ago, John Charnock said:

I have completed two online inquiry forms for two reputable local suppliers recently and neither of them has contacted me,  

Adjust watch by 20 yrs & welcome to the alarm trade, they've probably not printed you email out yet...

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

35 minutes ago, John Charnock said:

BTW - I am not planning on doing this install myself, I am just acquiring knowledge so I know what to look for with a supplier.  

I have completed two online inquiry forms for two reputable local suppliers recently and neither of them has contacted me, the alarm business must be booming. 

J  

If you mentioned what you wanted in the online enquiry then its unlikely that you will be contacted. Perimeter external security would not be popular amongst your average house basher, especially if you drop in words like solar powered, two words that would set any self respecting installer running in the opposite direction. There are various solutions out there, we installed a system at a house in Weighbridge recently for circa £45k using similar to this http://www.southwestmicrowave.com/products/buried-cable-detection-systems/ but I would guess its a bit out of your budget.

3 minutes ago, John Charnock said:

I am looking for a layered approach.

That's fine, security is better in layers not many think about this. You will already have some layers I imagine; unless you leave your doors and windows open.

Perimeter systems are generally suited to large detached properties where someone is in close proximity to site and immediately action.

We have no idea on the property or what you expect from this perimeter protection system, or what the risk of the property and it's contents is.

I also agree it's unlikely you would here back from an online enquiry for this type of work.