Security Installer Community

Unable to disarm DSC PC1832 via delay zone, system goes into alarm

Hi, I am installing a DSC PowerSeries PC1832 panel and having trouble disarming.

With the alarm set, when I enter via a delay zone I am unable to disarm the system with the user code. After the delay the alarm enters the alarm state, at which point I am able to stop the alarm with the user code.

I have recorded a video showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ8TNsOddEM

1. Arm with code
2. Exit via delay zone
3. System arms
4. Enter via delay zone
5. System starts entry delay
6. Enter user code - Alarm does not disarm
7. Alarm sounds after delay ends
8. Enter user code during alarm
9. System disarms with alarm occurred report

If I enter an incorrect code the screen tells me this.

I have tried setting up a an additional user code, but the same issue occurs whether trying to disarm with the master code or the additional user code.

If I arm the system, I am able to disarm with the code if the delay zone is not tripped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cClUyXIbmo 

It's a DSC PC1832
Have tried the entry/exit zone set to type 01 (delay 01) and 34 (final door set) 

I’m using DEOL setup.
The door contact sensor has a built in resistor at 4.7k, not the 5.6k as provided by DSC – but it senses open/close fine, and tamper is not triggered, no system troubles showing.

There is only this (1) zone connected to the system for testing, as zone 09 (zone 1 on the first PC5108 card) 
All other 32 zones are set to 00 null. 

There is one keypad and two PC5108 cards installed. 

Thanks for your help, as I am gutted to be stumped this early on in the install and testing!

Set to prox on entry ?

So look for option in police options maybe that's the problem

Actually I mis read what you said lol it's only the delay zone you have problem with

In the UK it is Police Policy that monitored alarms  can only be set to use fobs for disarming, you are not allowed to use codes unless you use a shunt lock. But I note that you are not in the UK so therefore the rules would be different. 

AlYeti assumed that you may have programmed your alarm to UK Police Policy.

We would not be familiar with the rules of your country but they may be similar, either way it is unlikely to have the same programming as a UK system. Also DSC is not a common alarm panel in the UK only one distributor as far as I am aware. 

38 minutes ago, Meirion Meza Williams said:

Hi, I am installing a DSC PowerSeries PC1832 panel and having trouble disarming.

With the alarm set, when I enter via a delay zone I am unable to disarm the system with the user code. After the delay the alarm enters the alarm state, at which point I am able to stop the alarm with the user code.

I have recorded a video showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ8TNsOddEM

1. Arm with code
2. Exit via delay zone
3. System arms
4. Enter via delay zone
5. System starts entry delay
6. Enter user code - Alarm does not disarm
7. Alarm sounds after delay ends
8. Enter user code during alarm
9. System disarms with alarm occurred report

If I enter an incorrect code the screen tells me this.

I have tried setting up a an additional user code, but the same issue occurs whether trying to disarm with the master code or the additional user code.

If I arm the system, I am able to disarm with the code if the delay zone is not tripped:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cClUyXIbmo 

It's a DSC PC1832
Have tried the entry/exit zone set to type 01 (delay 01) and 34 (final door set) 

I’m using DEOL setup.
The door contact sensor has a built in resistor at 4.7k, not the 5.6k as provided by DSC – but it senses open/close fine, and tamper is not triggered, no system troubles showing.

There is only this (1) zone connected to the system for testing, as zone 09 (zone 1 on the first PC5108 card) 
All other 32 zones are set to 00 null. 

There is one keypad and two PC5108 cards installed. 

Thanks for your help, as I am gutted to be stumped this early on in the install and testing!

What happens if you enter through delay zone and then open entry zone then unsets?

Yep, that's the exact setting Yeti meant, just slightly differently described by DSC. Irregular choice for a UK panel, but better than an Accenta!

Have to say the importers webby doesn't inspire much confidence with it's 6 year old brochure...

http://www.dsc.uk.com/z23J49Km/products.php

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, Hillbilly said:

There are hundreds of DSC panels round my way all fitted by British Gas. 

Yup, but they haven't fitted them for some years, no? I guess they bought enough to buy direct, and took that route to be 'secure by obscure' against easy takeovers & additions?

Even the replacement (chinktat?) wireless system they used to install was discontinued in 2013ish it seems. Do they even do alarms any more?

(To be honest; they would actually be daft NOT to; provided it was all part of that rip-off Hive system they install, where it needs a monthly subscription to use your heating!)

I seem to remember the Gardiner Trade Counter used to display one DSC system back in the day? Was that some sort of tax thing? (Claiming they were a proper dealer not just an outlet for own brand??)

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 minute ago, norman said:

Hive is subscription?

It can be, for the full programming functions & online stuff, AFAIK.

Neighbours of parents had Hive fitted FOC under BG 'supercare' type 3rd party warranty on boiler (was housebuilder Honeywell stuff) and told without sub it would be basic (local) stat & timer functions only.

Edited by datadiffusion

@MrHappy I chose DSC so I can it to connect to my Samsung SmartThings hub, so that I can monitor the alarm remotely and use the sensors for home automation. There is an addon card Envisalink which is compatible: http://www.eyezon.com/?page_id=176

Interesting to hear about the BG connection, in fact the keypads I have are branded British Gas.

I'd argue you'd be better off with any other panel that offers app based remote control of the outputs (Texe, Scanny, SPC etc...) plus set/unset via your preferred automation suppliers universal switch?

That's the way I've done mine, (and with Nest too) rather than using obscure panels or devices I've simply wired it up via ITTH etc... to panel outputs rather than tighter integration.

I agree it's clunkier, and more work, but it's future proof (if you change H/A in the future, most will offer direct switch module or ITTH integration), allows a better (and probably cheaper as less obscure) panel,

and much safer as you are putting the panel 'online' only via the UK panel manufacturers software, not the H/A software.

Edited by datadiffusion

18 hours ago, Meirion Meza Williams said:

Interesting to hear about the BG connection, in fact the keypads I have are branded British Gas.

Fleabay ?

13 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

I'd argue you'd be better off with any other panel

OP will be an IT boffin, it does'nt matter how oddball DSC are as I doubt he's any preconceived ideas on how stuff *should* work ?

Mr? Veritas God

I have just been out to a DSC panel this morning throwing up fault after fault. Battery never been changed and charging circuit has blown. Looking at the battery date and it was installed in 2007. 

Lightsys 2 going in tomm with app etc. 

The integration with HA on the DSC systems I fitted where pretty impressive. You could control most options through the touchscreen media controllers everything done though a 232 BUS link.

Certainly very smooth interface with everything from the one place.

HA has moved on since then, it's cheaper to push everything to a mobile app now, and more people are used to that.

Gone are the days where you had media keypads integrated into your lighting controls on every doorway. More often this is being replaced for plug and play consumer tech like Lightwave and Sonos.

Yep it's gone full circle, and I do wonder quite how many of the 'home automation' installers that sprung up around 10 years ago can all last.

As you say the phone is the remote now and wall devices mostly simple switches not £300 3" TFT touchscreens in every room.