Security Installer Community

PIR or not with very active cat

32 minutes ago, Mark Rider said:

Ha ok this is why I find it so hard to decide what to get. So many different people recommend different things. 

What would you say Al Yeti

cheers

Mark

These guys probably know better, but I tried the Bosch ones with active cat and didn't work , had to go with perimeter protection in one room where cats found places to jump

13 minutes ago, Mark Rider said:

So in theory any dual text will work with a cat. 

No... it would still have to have a 'pet program'.

Dualtechs are more stable than PIRs alone in environmental conditions but on its own this has nothing to do with pet tolerence.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, Mark Rider said:

I don't know much about perimeter protection what's the crack.

As in detection fitted to the perimeter of the room comprehensive enough to detect a break in.

This could be a combination of different detection to detect entry to the room. Contacts, Shocks, Active Beams etc etc.

10 hours ago, Mark Rider said:

Great thanks for replying. 

So I really need PIRs then that's fine was just finding out alternatives. 

Understand with the shock sensors and bird/cat strikes. 

So the Bosch ones I assume it's these ones blueline gen 2 tritech as can't find any due tech . 

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/intruder-alarm-c-36/movement-detectors-c-36_116/all-c-36_116_37/bosch-blue-line-gen-2-bld2-pet-tritech-blueline-detector-p-2392.html

Don't think I need to go as far as perimeter . 

Thanks again 

Mark 

I forgot they tried to be clever and called them tri techs they are the ones, follow the instructions they will be absolutely fine. I had a big dog jumping around on a bed to get snacks I had thrown on there. They are the best pet tolerant detector available

10 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Nah not with jumping cats

They are fine so long as you install them correctly, the animal must not be able to get within six foot of the detector, dont point them at stairs, I have hundred of them out there with no problems at all 

• Upvote 1