Security Installer Community

Alarm system advice... Texecom or Risco?

gus4778

You shouldn't be looking at the equipment you should be looking at the company and the specification of each job.

Each company should be trained on there preferred kit and most kit does a similar job when it comes to the basics.

Choose the company you feel most comfortable with not necessarily the cheapest.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gus4778 said:

Looking at a new (wired( intruder alarm system. Currently have quotes for Texecom Prem Elite system, and Risco Lightsys 2. 

Just interested in opinions on both panels, and any interesting titbits anyone can provide!

cheers,

Gus

Most here won't touch risco 

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

You shouldn't be looking at the equipment you should be looking at the company and the specification of each job.

Each company should be trained on there preferred kit and most kit does a similar job when it comes to the basics.

Choose the company you feel most comfortable with not necessarily the cheapest.

qfa

Unlikely to be the cheapest

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Gus, although the Lightsys probably wouldn't be top of my choices neither would the Texecom to be fair. The companies you have invited to quote are obviously comfortable with the product they have specified, you need to be comfortable with the installer.

Many here will have their own opinions with regards the two different systems, fact is both are big brands in this industry and some installers get on better with one brand over another. When I was an engineer I quite liked the Abacus panel and the Castle 2000  series, I hated Menvier panels, and Scantronic 9500 all manufacturers have their own ideas on programming and protocols, and it is entirely down to what you're used to programming as an engineer. All of those panels were very popular at the time. 

I really like the Lightsys app it is one of the best apps Ive seen, never seen the Texe app so cannot give a comparison.

Choose the better installer would be my advice, they are the ones that will look after you if they made the wrong panel choice.

• Upvote 2