Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial CMI8UK "Please Wait End Programming"

Rob F

Hi

My alarm has worked without any problems for the last 3 three years.  The remote handset has just started to displays the message "Please Wait End Programming" and all of the LEDs on the main alarm panel are flashing. I am unable to set the alarm or access the menu. Does anyone know how to fix this?  Is it possible to reset the system?

Thanks

2 hours ago, norman said:

Hi, the easiest thing would be to call your maintainer.

These are also quite niche and not many companies are familiar with them.

Not many engineers either

• Upvote 1

Hi,

The same problem with the same model alarm system appeared in our house on the evening of 19th July  but the panel lights were not flashing, the handsets were showing: please wait and we were unable to set the alarm but we could access the menu bar on the handsets, we called their customer service and they 'restarted' the alarm system somehow from their place and the alarm was able to set, but next morning my partner tryied to set it again just to see if it is still working and it came up with the same 'please wait message'. The panel is connected to a phone line and on the activity log which I have requested it shows that the panel still sends signals to their centre (timer test), so the panel is working in some way ,sending test signals to their monitoring centre, doesn't  that mean that the panel is in working condition?...

The above problem appeared more than 24 hours after bad rain and lighting strikes in the area, but I believe lightning stykes can't be the reason because we did set the alarm twice after the lightning strikes and it worked fine. The telephone line is working perfectly fine, I did plug a phone to check it.

We called the engineer and he came and looked quickly at the panel and said that it needs changing because the panel has broken down from the lignhtning strikes through the phone line ( I don't believe that he is very educated as he has admitted in the past that he does not has the training for 'new' alarms' with such programming sofwares) ? Is this possible to still have the telephone line working which it is and sending signals to their monitoring centre, no damages whatsoever to any electrical goods in our house, but the panel broken down from lightning strikes?

I am sorry for maybe the silly questions...but I am very confused.

I would not care this much about the above but these company is asking for £700 because they say the damage was caused by acts of God and it is not covered by my fully comprehensive contract. Aren't they supposed to prove that this really was an act of GOD because I don't believe so- the system  was working  24 hours after the bad weather in the area.

Any advice is welcome.

13 minutes ago, mimi said:

Hi,

The same problem with the same model alarm system appeared in our house on the evening of 19th July  but the panel lights were not flashing, the handsets were showing: please wait and we were unable to set the alarm but we could access the menu bar on the handsets, we called their customer service and they 'restarted' the alarm system somehow from their place and the alarm was able to set, but next morning my partner tryied to set it again just to see if it is still working and it came up with the same 'please wait message'. The panel is connected to a phone line and on the activity log which I have requested it shows that the panel still sends signals to their centre (timer test), so the panel is working in some way ,sending test signals to their monitoring centre, doesn't  that mean that the panel is in working condition?...

The above problem appeared more than 24 hours after bad rain and lighting strikes in the area, but I believe lightning stykes can't be the reason because we did set the alarm twice after the lightning strikes and it worked fine. The telephone line is working perfectly fine, I did plug a phone to check it.

We called the engineer and he came and looked quickly at the panel and said that it needs changing because the panel has broken down from the lignhtning strikes through the phone line ( I don't believe that he is very educated as he has admitted in the past that he does not has the training for 'new' alarms' with such programming sofwares) ? Is this possible to still have the telephone line working which it is and sending signals to their monitoring centre, no damages whatsoever to any electrical goods in our house, but the panel broken down from lightning strikes?

I am sorry for maybe the silly questions...but I am very confused.

I would not care this much about the above but these company is asking for £700 because they say the damage was caused by acts of God and it is not covered by my fully comprehensive contract. Aren't they supposed to prove that this really was an act of GOD because I don't believe so- the system  was working  24 hours after the bad weather in the area.

Any advice is welcome.

Realistically get some quotes for new alarm seems not many are able to fix these , and there are very few engineers who know what there doing with them, date I say it? Some adt engineers could probably fix it , old school 

Thank you for your reply. I understand that but  it's not my problem that they installed a new OLD alarm for the price I paid for my first alarm and I don't see why I should pay to change the alarm. It has only been installed for a few months. We had a modern one before with a mobile signal , not a telephone line signal and it was great but the signal suddenly stopped working because of an upgrade with the security company's mobile provider I believe O2. I have paid thousands for this contract and I believe it still has a year before it expires. Instead of upgrading they installed older type of alarm system... My point is to prove to them that this alarm panel did not blow up because of telephone line power surge. Although the panel which they say is not working still sends signals to their monitoring centre, so it is clearly still working? I believe the remote handsets might have given up but they work with batteries so I don't see how this can be due to lightning strikes? I am asking these silly questions because I am only 'trying' to think logically otherwise I don't have a clue of electrical things.. sorry about that.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Ads1980 said:

Rob F

Did you ever find a solution? We have same problem but ADT said they couldn't fix it and we needed to buy a whole new system.. just wondering how you resolved it

'Rob F' posted once only and has never been back to the forum - even to read - after that day. So even if he did, I suspect he won't be rushing back to check this thread after 2 years!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands