Security Installer Community

hard wired pir fault ?

Need some help if anyone is in the know. Just in the progress of moving alarm pir sensor and when connected it's now setting the alarm off, tamper circuit is ok. When the sensor is disconnect the system is fine. Only have one pir on the system and one door connector. I'm not sure if to do with these "jumpers" in the pir sensor is causing the problem. Not sure what they do or how they were connected, one is labeled memory and the other p count. Can anyone shed light on what jumper goes where ? And if they cover two wires horizontally or vertically ? TIA.

IMG_0308.JPG

41 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

id say its a pir with a range pot

I'm changing my answer... Visonic DT still late 80's

The pic need rotating to the right,  the jumper between pyro & leds is marked "m/w"

Dt bit is the flat pcb type

Mr? Veritas God

Thanks all to the replies after leaving the system disconnected and re connecting after 24 hrs it seemed to have cured itself, I may still wire in a new pir sensor as lots of comments saying it old and could be past it's used by date. Just randomly put the jumpers in any position. Any recommendations on a new sensor not looking to spend the Earth. 

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p34020?table=no

1 minute ago, Muttsnutts said:

Thanks all to the replies after leaving the system disconnected and re connecting after 24 hrs it seemed to have cured itself, I may still wire in a new pir sensor as lots of comments saying it old and could be past it's used by date. Just randomly put the jumpers in any position. Any recommendations on a new sensor not looking to spend the Earth. 

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p34020?table=no

post a pic of the full sensor...

Mr? Veritas God

11 hours ago, datadiffusion said:

If this is an unheated workshop the 'off brand' PIR in the Toolstation link would be unsuitable. 

Im guessing not much of value in said workshop?

Well the workshop has been extended/built which cost quite a bit so I've used existing old alarm which was out of use got back up and running with new battery etc (optima xm6)....and moved into new side of workshop. It has quite a lot of kit in and has a lot of value I was just trying not to overspend for the sake of it, so next idea for a sensor lol .I'm going to get a full pic of old sensor now. 

Edited by Muttsnutts

37 minutes ago, Muttsnutts said:

It has quite a lot of kit in and has a lot of value

37 minutes ago, Muttsnutts said:

I was just trying not to overspend for the sake of it,

This is the train of thought with a lot of people sadly, when you turn up and your doors are swinging in the wind and your nice, expensive kit has gone the savings will pale into insignificance.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.