Security Installer Community

Hello all

Hi my names James and i own Farnborough security systems ive been doing alot of contracting over the last 5 years and have now decidied to try doing it my self rather than contracting. Im just looking into getting accredited ie ssaib so we have more chance of getting contracts. I thought this would be a great place to get some advice from people in the industry aswell.

cheers james

Plenty of comments some will be helpful 

You should look at getting trade status too

Id assume that Mr H is saying its a common mistake to think this industry is a gold mine, but he is a bitter old man

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 minutes ago, james o'riordan said:

ha does this mean there wont be much help out there ?

lots, but we hide among lot of banter

2 minutes ago, james o'riordan said:

its just a big jump to go from contracting to then having all the responsibility

there lots more hassle running your own jobs

1 minute ago, james.wilson said:

Id assume that Mr H is saying its a common mistake to think this industry is a gold mine,

nope, 

1 minute ago, james.wilson said:

but he is a bitter old man

yes

Mr? Veritas God

yeah ive been in the industry 13 years and in my late 20s its got to the point i hate making money for big companies when i feel i could give a better service myself, its not going to be an easy ride but i think it is doable. May not be for everyone but would deffinatley be willing to work my ass off to get the company where it needs to be. Il have a look at getting trade access now

Well at least you have done some time as an engineer, many come on here saying that theyve seen a picture of an alarm so now they think theyre an installer.

Its not an easy game to get into my advice would be go subbying first off, learn how to spell, and get used to eating cornflakes for dinner.  

12 minutes ago, james o'riordan said:

yeah ive been in the industry 13 years and in my late 20s its got to the point i hate making money for big companies when i feel i could give a better service myself, its not going to be an easy ride but i think it is doable. May not be for everyone but would deffinatley be willing to work my ass off to get the company where it needs to be. Il have a look at getting trade access now

Just be ready for real trade lot 

6 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Well at least you have done some time as an engineer, many come on here saying that theyve seen a picture of an alarm so now they think theyre an installer.

Its not an easy game to get into my advice would be go subbying first off, learn how to spell, and get used to eating cornflakes for dinner.  

I have been a subby for 6 years so im aware of what is out there just think its the next progression to get something behind me for the future and earn money for me rather than someone else. Like i say its not going to be easy.

4 minutes ago, james o'riordan said:

I have been a subby for 6 years so im aware of what is out there just think its the next progression to get something behind me for the future and earn money for me rather than someone else. Like i say its not going to be easy.

If you;re already a subbie then you're already working for yourself

10 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Correct theyre missing punctuation correct you're miss typed. Dont worry Steve none of my quotes go out like that, which was my point 

lol, K

Welcome James btw, and as above apply for trade.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.