Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermaster 10 help

Yep I think you can't assume it's the ADT version just because of a Tyco label. Tyco logo is all over non-ADT Visonic web pages, data sheets, etc...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

32 minutes ago, Kevalino said:

Thanks, James. Had no idea about this - will try to get a refund and buy a proper one!

Doesn't always mean it's nicked though 

If unsure of the compatability of the kit and if it should be used in the UK, let me have images of the information labels for the Powermaster 10.

The MCS Siren is for the Powermax range.  You need an SR-740 PG2 

Has the Powermaster 10 been installed?

To install the Plink the panel must be fully powered down then fit the module in the correct position on the board with the appropriate ribbon cable.

You need to connect the Plink to the router - must be hard wired.

Configuration is fairly involved but access is available to a free Visonic/Tyco server

Can call over and install etc. as not too far from Manchester

Hope this is of use

Edited by TAM

Firmware has been changing over the last few years but most PG2 components are fully compatible, few exceptions are the Plink - you may need an older version - but the siren should be fine.  However, Powercode (Powerwmax) and PG2 (Powermaster) are completely different.

By the way, do not attempt to flash the firmware yourself.  This really should be done by an approved supplier or Visonic themselves, your friendly engineer should know who to contact, if not he can call me and can point him in the right direction.