Security Installer Community

Texecom Speaker Issue

Hi all,

I have a Texecom Premier Elite 48 control panel. Everything (magnetic contacts, PIR's, glass break sensors) so far is working perfectly and I'm just tweaking everything for my liking.

I've now run into a problem with the speaker, in the sense of I've wired in a speaker (SECWARE 16 Ohm Internal Speaker) into the "speaker" section of the control panel board. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get any sound to come out of it.

Does anyone have any ideas? Is there perhaps a setting I need to turn on, or something of that matter?

This includes all sounds - speaker tones - internal sirens - chimes - etc.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Many thanks - John

16 Ohm impedance yes but the resistance is not far away from nominal impedance, especially on the end of a piece of cable.

Getting around 14 ohm on a meter would be my first test before taking things apart too.

I would check you have terminated them in the correct place on the panel, common apprentice mistake is to mis-terminate the speaker due to the split between the terminal blocks.

Also make sure it is a speaker and not a 12v sounder which would normally contain a small PCB for the tone driver.