Security Installer Community

Oyn-x cctv system viewing over 4g - help

Hi, after a stressful weekend looking for the correct app for our CCTV system we have finally found the correct one. So over our wifi we have fantastic viewing but our problem starts when looking over 4g. Please can anyone advise if we have missed an important step in the setup? Thanks

Look for port forwarding or NAT forwarding in the advanced settings of your router. Look in the recorder manual to see which ports need to be forwarded and forward them to the local IP of the recorder. To view over 4g you need to have a fixed public IP  

You don't need a password for BT btw, login is BT@btbroadband.net, password can either be blank or if not acceptable to router enter 'bt'.

Agreed by the way, ditch the terrible router.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

24 minutes ago, Kelandian said:

Thanks, I'm struggling to do this on the BT home hub 4. Do I need to contact my internet provider?

So you need to know what ports your DVR uses , those ports need to be setup in the firewall section of your router by creating rules , then those rules would be applied and asked to be sent to your DVR IP address

You may need to set your DVR to a static IP setting if your router does not allow you to port forward via Mac addresses

1 minute ago, datadiffusion said:

You don't need a password for BT btw, login is BT@btbroadband.net, password can either be blank or if not acceptable to router enter 'bt'.

took me 2 visits & a couple of hrs to sort the last homehub out. I assume it was FTC

I had a new TP-Link router & a 2nd user Draytek on hand on 2nd visits I intended to replace the hateful POS

I need to amend my T&C's to make pratting with Homehubs or Thompson routers financially viable

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

We have set port forwarding and now works fine on a BT mobile, until we try to use my Vodafone to view then some how I seem to kick all users off and they can't get back on until I reset the router. Is it a problem with my mobile?