Security Installer Community

Honeywell G2-20 add zone back after water ingress

Hi,

I wonder if someone can give me some advice.

2 days ago I started getting major issues with alarms and errors.

Initially I kept getting an error something like R10 disconnected/lost/unset etc and gave me option to delete it, which I did twice which resolved the issue.

After an hr later I got another error about +bat miss and same time my wife complaining about smoke coming out one of the door shock vibrations.

It turns out my mum when cleaning the windows got water into those sensors.

Anyways so the issue I have now, I replaced battery same issue, eventually replaced the battery fuse and all good now.

I have also resolved the water ingress on 2 sensors in the windows but I seem to have lost its zone I believe when I deleted the R10?

So i am wondering if someone can help on how i can create/get this zones back on the alarm panel?

Thanks

Am not sure I thought I might have deleted it with all the errors.

it seems non of my sensors upstairs are working when I do walk test.  Wondering if they ever worked now as it seems the max I have is 12 zones which are already in use.  

I guess the installer did not wire them up which was installed in 2011. 

1 hour ago, Chris Nasah said:

it seems non of my sensors upstairs are working when I do walk test.  Wondering if they ever worked now as it seems the max I have is 12 zones which are already in use.  

report them to the inspectorate they are inspected by

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 hours ago, Chris Nasah said:

If the RIO (Remote Input/Output) module had dissapeared from the bus, then the panel will tamper and inform that the module is missing. Only an engineer would be given to delete the RIO (using the * key).  If you completely power cycled the system, then this may also have removed the non-present RIO. 

Since there are 12 zones on-board, the other 8 zones (upstairs) will be connected to a single RIO, giving the full 20 zones that the panel is capable of. Only someone with the engineer code will be able to re-enumerate the external RIO back onto the bus.

8 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

If the RIO (Remote Input/Output) module had dissapeared from the bus, then the panel will tamper and inform that the module is missing. Only an engineer would be given to delete the RIO (using the * key).  If you completely power cycled the system, then this may also have removed the non-present RIO. 

Since there are 12 zones on-board, the other 8 zones (upstairs) will be connected to a single RIO, giving the full 20 zones that the panel is capable of. Only someone with the engineer code will be able to re-enumerate the external RIO back onto the bus.

Thanks for the explanation, unfortunately the guy who did the installation no longer available to deal with alarms.

Is it best to get another professional in to sort it or something I can try to do in a panel as I have the engineer codes.

Thanks 

You should get a good pro in particularly if a component was smoking. This isn't diy equipment it's pro equipment blindly messing around without knowing how to do proper electrical testing theres an outside chance you could burn your house down. 

Also choose your pro carefully, i worked aside so called "engineers" at a big national who, despite working in the industry for a decade did not know how to operate a multimeter correctly or understand volt drop. This was brought to the attention of managment who shrugged their shoulders and said its hard to get good guys, when we get our nsi audit we'll send the auditor out with you or the other guy at our branch who does their job properly.

Ask them what tests they propose to do, telling them that one of the detectors was wet and smoking. They should at a minimum replace the water damaged sensors, disconnect and test all the wiring feeding those devices as it might have melted, check all the fuse values, check all the voltages and currents drawn from the panel and the charging circuit.

Edited by petrolhead
  • Upvote 1

So I managed to find the external RIO which is in the loft, on opening I can see the red light going on and off at equal times.  From the manual it seems either the RIO is not setup with the panel or has lost communications.

Any ideas on how RIO can start communicating with the panel once again?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Chris Nasah said:

Ok haven't got a meter, I think I will probably get someone who knows about it to fix it.  Won't be as simple as I thought :(

i am in Harrow London if anyone is willing to help out.

thanks 

I am near Heathrow , house bashing for a living unlike these alarm monkies sitting behind a desk