Security Installer Community

Karisma Plus Panel Reser

Hello I have reset a panel which has been down for around 1 month after the panel went off in the middle of the night and the fuses and battery was removed 

I have tried to default the panel to factory settings and after doing so the screen has come up strange on keypad 1 there is 4 keypads on this panel before defaulting we were not able to do anything at the keypads some said System Init and the others said System Busy and would not clear even with a manager code

IMG_0038.JPG

Any ideas what to do from here I'm thinking possibly the panel is knackered and I should change this just before I do I would like to get some simple advise do you think there has possibly been a power surge which has damaged the panel ? 

who'd have thought a 20 yr alarm panel would be playing up...

remove a rkp off the wall, connect via a flylead to the panel with no other rkp on the system & try to default

apart from 4 rkp what else is on the system

Mr? Veritas God

Ok Great thanks I think I'm going to swap this out with a Gardtec/ Risco Group 595 panel or sonething that I am familiar with !

i seen people talking about the Karizma Plus panels the door contacts and Shock sensors possibly having biscuit ID how do I check if this is the case ? 

I will I'll try the keypad that you say 

there is about 30 shock sensors, 10 door contacts and a few PIRs and 4 RKPs and 1 bellbox 

30 minutes ago, JDB Solutions said:

i seen people talking about the Karizma Plus panels the door contacts and Shock sensors possibly having biscuit ID how do I check if this is the case ? 

There's no DP or EOL circuits its all iD

If you've not touched iD before... cost to rewire it'll be cheaper than fault finding 20yr old iD circuits

Mr? Veritas God