Security Installer Community

Galaxy Push Notification

I went through the app process, but didn't set up a panel for it.  They've made some basic security mistakes when setting up the web service back end, but at least it's free.

One thing to note for Apple based device push notifications is that when your device is not connected to an IP network and multiple events are sent to the device, then only the last event sent will be picked up by the phone.  There doesn't seem to be any reliable way to determine if an event has been received by the phone, as iOS determines if there is enough power to signal push notification delivery to the installed app in order for the app to make a callback to any service platform.

This is probably the reason that many push notifications are missed with iPhones.

The iOS service is only intended to signal the app that some status has changed and the app should connect and retrieve events.

Speaking to Honeywell theyre saying they cannot monitor the account for activity as trying to prove if the package is actually leaving the panel and hitting their sever to eliminate a router firewall issue.

The only suggestion I can make is that you run wireshark on a computer on your home network in order to detect communication to Honeywell's server.  It's difficult to get anywhere with Honeywell support these days.

Thanks for all your help gents, Honeywell have sent new 6.94 firmware so going to try that first, hopefully that ll sort is as using current software 6.92. Understand its the cloud notification isn't standard industry monitoring just a solution.

I tried with 6.93 last night, but event reporting hasn't changed for a long time, so don't think that is the issue. I can flash a panel back to 6.92 if you want me to check.

Did 6.94 have a release bulletin?  I haven't looked at it yet.

The releases for 6.93 and 6.94 don't change any of the reporting mechanisms, only triggers.  I wouldn't expect that firmware is your issue. More likely a setting in one of the menus.  If you can dump your config, I will take a look to see if there's anything that looks incorrect.

I too had a go with the push notifications but didn't receive anything.  Must admit it was a rushed attempt but I'm sure everything was configured correctly. That was on a 520 v6.78.

Evening, Started to get everything ready for the firmware update and loading it onto the SPI key when I powered the panel down and up again the reporting came through like a freight train to my mobile, thought the phone was going into melt down with the notifications. Decided to carry on with the update but the firmware appeared not to be compatible. even sent the details of system menu 23 * to Technical so they could send the correct firmware. Unless i did something incorrect with the SPI key programmer which may be possible. All resolved with the reported. Thanks for the help gents much appreciated looks like the Ethernet module just locked up.

Have a look at our CONXTD too...

www.conxtd.com

Supports any version of Galaxy via our communicators, from Galaxy 16 through to present. Push notifications etc.

Apple & Android supported.

• Upvote 1

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk