Security Installer Community

Cooper Menvier 9651 - Set up guide?

I recently replaced the dead battery in my Cooper Menvier 9651 alarm and whilst trying to clear the fault codes I stupidly reset all the commands to default and therefore now need to reprogram it from scratch.  I have the installers guide and tried my best setting it up with this but cant seem to get it up and running.  There's only one door contact and 5 PIR in the system which I have set as  'Final Exit (FE)' for the door and 'Normal Alarm (NA)' for the PIRs, the last two zones are set as 'Not Used'. But whenever I try to arm it, there's not a count down sound to exit and the unit just cycles through the zones and doesnt actually arm.  I may resort in getting some professional in to set it up, but I was wondering if anyone can provide some guidance in case I have missed something.

Thanks

It thinks all the zones are 'open'. Have you blown a fuse? Are the PIR LEDs lighting?

I assume all tampers are OK which is how you've managed to exit engineer mode, otherwise I was going to suggest checking Option 21 in the Eng menu...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

10 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I would say it's programmed for the incorrect wiring type myself.

I thought that, but then it would refuse to exit eng though?

OP - send us a picture of the alarm PCB as-wired, or, open up a PIR (any one) and show us the wiring.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

OK; so it appears that it has been wired for 'global tamper'. Which is a shame, as this is a capable panel and doesn't need to be used in this 1980s way.

But I digress.

In engineer mode, what does option 21 say? Just go into engineer, press 2 1 and Enter (Tick)

It will either say ' FSL' or 'CC + Tamp' or similar

3 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

looks to me like its wired double pole and I assume that's default

It was - it changed at some point hence a Cooper Bulletin about it catching out the sparkies who didn't get why they couldn't exit eng without tampers!

However, either way I can't work out how the OP was able to exit eng mode (or, at least without a tamper alarm within seconds) if the wrong wiring was chosen...

Edited by datadiffusion