Security Installer Community

Domonial - keypad issue

I manage three separate Domonial installations and have done so for at least five years. I've found it straightforward to program, whether using a TCU or DOMO-PC. On each installation, either a keycode or a tag can be set up for arming and disarming.

I recently replaced one of my existing CMI8UK-STD-5 panels (K13) with a CME8UK-STD-7G (L12) as I needed to add extra smoke sensors. The upgrade also required replacing several sensors and the keypad - the old CSK88HF-B keypad was replaced with a LKP-S8M-PWA and a TCU.

On the new installation, keycodes do not appear to work correctly. A keycode can be used to arm the system, and during the pre-arm bleeps, a keycode can be used to disarm it. However, on re-entry to the premises, or once an alarm has been triggered, a keycode will not disarm the system. Tags work fine.

I can find no setting which could cause keycodes to behave in such a peculiar way. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Mark

Sounds like it's set up to lock the key pad out on entry will prob let you use a code to unset once entry timer has run out if this is the case just have to find the setting in DD243 

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Does is have a bs section for menu , tag on entry , restricted in entry , and all the compliance stuff 

Many panels have it so be surprised if that doesn't 

I have no idea about those panels , perhaps all the older versions were not set as default restricted in entry but new ones all seemed to be default tag on entry , atleast the Honeywell and Hkc panels are , I think lol

Just now, Monty said:

Sounds like it's set up to lock the key pad out on entry will prob let you use a code to unset once entry timer has run out if this is the case just have to find the setting in DD243 

Ah that's what I like less house bashing terminology lol more pro

Thank you for your suggestions, guys.

The only configurations that I can find related to tags is in the User Settings. There is an "Arming with code" checkbox, which I would guess is the reason that I can use a code to arm it. In addition, each user profile has both "Tag" and "Registered Tag" checkboxes. The first allows that profile to support a tag, whilst the second indicates whether a tag has been registered in that profile.

However I can find no other tag-related settings, or restrictions on entry.

Is it really possible that the new Domonial panels only support disarming by tag?

Mark