Security Installer Community

Can you spot the obvious problem in this photo

5 hours ago, al-yeti said:

I reckon he would have got away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids

Fixed

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go on then, name and shame 

44 minutes ago, Sirtoddius said:

I wish the excuses people made on their behalf were true but sadly this was how it was left. It wasn't even a rush job. They are a embarrassment. 

Not excuses, just often two sides to every story, people are always quick to berate. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Didn't want to admit this as it's embarrassing and I don't want to be tarred with the same brush , but this was fitted by 2 service engineers from the company I work for. One is a manager and second only to the director . :-(

Iv reported it to my manager who's reported it to the big boss and now it's me and my colleague who have to go back and rectify it. 

I I think I'll just need to put a cable tie around them and a label saying please do not cut. 

2 minutes ago, Sirtoddius said:

Iv reported it to my manager who's reported it to the big boss and now it's me and my colleague who have to go back and rectify it. 

Yeah, that'll teach them.... 

Sounds more like a punishment for you for grassing. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

There are two sides to every story, and we are only hearing your side. 

I used to be an engineer and have seen some down right dangerous stuff in the past, I put my hand in a cupboard once looking for a light switch that the customer told me was just to the right, only to put my hand on a live mains JB with no lid on it:o. This was on a takeover and the JB was feeding the spur for the panel. I have also seen cameras lashed in because a staff member is suspected of stealing. 

I take on board that it is not good especially if you work for the company,  but you have to ask yourself why would they use service guys to install if the job was not a rush job? I have installation engineers and service engineers and the only times I use one to do the others job is exceptional circumstances.

I suspect that your company has lots of problems though, because my team would come to me if they found that, not plaster it on a forum and knock approved companies.

Peter I haven't knocked approved companies. I have merely stated that the work was carried out by a approved company. Which is a fact. 

Regardless of what you say about one side to the story i know factually that the cable was run In a few months ago and that was the finished article. No return visit planned. The customer was told that there was no other route which isn't the case. 

There are not lots of problems within the company like you assume just the odd few which I'm sure every company experiences. 

I'm not biased. If I would come on and report poor workmanship from another company then I do not feel my company should be exempt. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Sirtoddius said:

If I would come on and report poor workmanship from another company then I do not feel my company should be exempt. 

The whole of TSI is awaiting the pictures taken when you return to put this right ;)

Mr? Veritas God

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

The whole of TSI is awaiting the pictures taken when you return to put this right ;)

Hahaha I'll be sure to post. And I'll definitely be prepared for some criticisms. 

I will at least secure the cable in place with some industrial blue tac. You won't even see it on those walls. 

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

He could get a wall chaser and chase it in outside , you thought about this already haven't you?

On 2017-5-6 at 4:08 PM, al-yeti said:

He could get a wall chaser and chase it in outside , you thought about this already haven't you?

Never mind , had to read something for a change , i see it's a hikvision option , will look at others 

Edited by al-yeti

On 06/05/2017 at 9:32 AM, Sirtoddius said:

Didn't want to admit this as it's embarrassing and I don't want to be tarred with the same brush , but this was fitted by 2 service engineers from the company I work for. One is a manager ...

Doesn't surprise me, been there before.

You shouldn't be embarrassed it's not your job.

Take pride in the fact you'll get to fix a scruffy job.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

It's not exactly obvious whose work it is, to be fair...

Its in the public area of the forum, if it were one of my jobs and I come across it I doubt it would take long to work out who posted it 

Agreed, but that magic word: If...

This applies to many a trade, but essentially I'd argue those that carry out, arrange or condone that sort of crap work are hardly likely to be so bothered about the industry they spend their time trawling t'internet on nerd forums*

Edited by datadiffusion
  • Upvote 1

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands