Security Installer Community

Can you spot the obvious problem in this photo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the sounder on with more than one screw  or fixed with cable clips if so its a proper job or maybe no more nails

and the local cable rules state staple guns and washing lines are also up to the standard of an approved installer

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Are both intruder & cctv done by the same mongs ?

22 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Who said it was installed by an approved installer?

Unbelievably this is indeed a Nacos improved installer. 

Many favourite part of the install is the chest high entry point for the cables. good for visual maintences. 

The bell box and dcom antenna come out at a proper height, so why would the same installer not bring the CCTV cables out at the same level? It doesnt make sense, plus I dont know any professional co that runs two separate cables to a camera most would use external grade Cat 5 and Baluns or shotgun. I would say the cctv is by someone that saw a picture once and now thinks theyre a installer.

3 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

The bell box and dcom antenna come out at a proper height, so why would the same installer not bring the CCTV cables out at the same level? It doesnt make sense, plus I dont know any professional co that runs two separate cables to a camera most would use external grade Cat 5 and Baluns or shotgun. I would say the cctv is by someone that saw a picture once and now thinks theyre a installer.

I'd guess a certian "beast of burden" has moved back to London

49 minutes ago, Sirtoddius said:

Unbelievably this is indeed a Nacos improved installer. 

they use a very small bell label?

I guess there not very proud of the job...

Edited by MrHappy
  • Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

28 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

All the alarmfast and some of the chubb cctv jobs i've ripped out recently have been done in alarm cable and seperate rg59. Lots of them didn't have individually fused outputs on the psu either just a bit of choc block inside the 5a elmdenes with each individual camera able to draw the full 5a down tha alarm canle in a fault condition. From the ones i witnessed first hand it was down to inadequate supervision and monitoring of subbies by branch managers who couldn't give a **** as long as no one was hassling them into doing some actual work.

This was "installed " by service engineers. There was a Cctv fault and they couldn't find the psu so recabled it. 

If I showed you what they done inside you would think it was a practical joke. 

Whats worse is the Dvr is in the room the camera backs on to. They didn't even need to run the cable the way they did. 

NO ITS NOT THE WILD WILD WEST ITS THE MYSTIC EAST OF LONDON YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR CCTV RUN IN CABLE TRAY (THE  RAIN GUTTER USALY STILL FIILED WITH WATER) OR MY ALL TIME FAV  CABLES SUPPORTED BY SKY HOOKS  OR DOES A SPEACH DIALER MEET GRADE 3 AND LEVEL 1 RESPONSE HAVE SOLD AND FITTED SYSTEMS IN THE AREA FOR THE LAST 40 YEARS HAVE NOT SEEN INSTALL STANDARDS  QUITE AS BAD AS THEY ARE NOW  THAT GOES FOR SOME NACOSS  SSIB  CO TOO

Edited by petercts

2 hours ago, petercts said:

NO ITS NOT THE WILD WILD WEST ITS THE MYSTIC EAST OF LONDON YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR CCTV RUN IN CABLE TRAY (THE  RAIN GUTTER USALY STILL FIILED WITH WATER) OR MY ALL TIME FAV  CABLES SUPPORTED BY SKY HOOKS  OR DOES A SPEACH DIALER MEET GRADE 3 AND LEVEL 1 RESPONSE HAVE SOLD AND FITTED SYSTEMS IN THE AREA FOR THE LAST 40 YEARS HAVE NOT SEEN INSTALL STANDARDS  QUITE AS BAD AS THEY ARE NOW  THAT GOES FOR SOME NACOSS  SSIB  CO TOO

Do we allow the none Cornish to do caps lock?

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

Small jobs at low cost lashed in by many "insurance approved" companies

I reckon he would have got away with it there was supposed conduit going up and lash the rest 

Maybe it's diy favour and customer said just out it in like that they don't care 

Also got to fat 2 thumbs as well but on a serious thought perhaps the new engineers have fitted so many wireless kits they have forgotten what to do with cable and the sales staff cost all jobs at four hours. our local shop has the best cctv install  shotgun cable draped across the shelves  and not above the false celling . has put an add in the window alarms from 149.99 and cctv from 299.00

We have had occasions where a customer has needed an urgent camera regardless of how its installed, because they were expecting trouble or a problem. So the job has been lashed in, but we have always returned and put the job right when time is less important than the job. I cant think of an occasion where we have done something as bad as the pic though, even OX wasnt that rough.