Security Installer Community

Wireless alarm signal

Hi All

I'm after some advice,

a customer has a alarm on there workshop which is about 60 meters away from the main building.

there is no link between the workshop alarm and the main building alarm but they want the workshop alarm monitoring via the emizon module in the main building.

The issue I have is it is not possible to run a cable from the workshop to the main building so i was looking for some way to setup a wireless link where i can wire the workshop alarm into a transmitter which would trigger a relay in the main building.

Has anyone seen or have a link to a device that would do this?

Thanks Dan.

2 hours ago, norman said:

Are they still available ? 

Yes, as per PJ, the 762r 2 channel 'universal' (all faults, batt etc... indicated via relays) with very handy options for a range of external antennae via BNC socket for extra range inc. 1/4 (locally mounted) and 1/2 wave (external grade via a flying lead), as well as the PCB one on board. Now comes in Eaton branded boxes so very much a current product - for better or worse.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Through the 'Ricochet only' serial port via Wintex I guess?

It looks like you need a conventional expander AND a relay card that simulates the panel...

http://www.texe.com/uk/uploads/Expansion_Kits_Booklet_Web_4.pdf

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Last time I looked you did not need Wintex to program the standalone receiver as it provides the on board relays and its a push-button learn as as Pyronix one.

Out of interest what are the 2 panels installed?

52 minutes ago, Simlec said:

Last time I looked you did not need Wintex to program the standalone receiver as it provides the on board relays and its a push-button learn as as Pyronix one.

Ah right, never used the standalone part, just an expander (once). There is a Ricochet > Wintex port on board the expander though isn't there, or am I imagining it?

53 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

Ah right, never used the standalone part, just an expander (once). There is a Ricochet > Wintex port on board the expander though isn't there, or am I imagining it?

So you finally swerving to texe?

There is a port to connect your usb lead and I would imagine it would work with Ricochet monitor, never tried (but i will when i get 5).

You learn the devices with the on-board push button and the leds.