Security Installer Community

Galaxy Flex 20 - Option, 52.9 (Res select) displahing "Option not available"

NadJ

Hello folks

Currently having a go at my 5th alarm installation (do them for family only) and first time hard-wiring into a Galaxy Flex panel (previous experience with Scantronic). In the past I've done them noob fashion ignoring any TAMPER related connectivity and settings (easily done with Scantronic panels). This is the first time I'm faced with using or having to think about resistors and associated on board settings (I wish to configured for TAMPER where possible this time). My questions are in BOLD. I have:

Galaxy Flex 20 with GSM and Ethernet module and Standard control panel. Zone config:

• Zone 1 = Final (Magnetic door contact) - Specified option 52.9 as 14= 0k N/C (Would you agree with this?)
  • Zone 2 = PA (currently not wired and configured as SPARE)
  • Zone 3 = Intruder (Pyronix KX15DQ)
  • Zone 4 = Intruder (Pyronix KX15DQ)
  • Zone 5 = Intruder (Pyronix KX15DQ)
  • Zone 6 = Intruder (Viper GLX Inertia Sensor & Magnetic Contact) - This doesn't have onboard jumpers for resistance value and is currently configured as SPARE whilst I work out how to best wire/configure it - Any tips appreciated)
  • Zone 7 = Intruder (Pyronix KX15DQ)
  • Zone 8 = Intruder (Pyronix KX15DQ)
  • Zone 9 = Intruder (Pyronix KX15DQ)
  • Zone 10 = Intruder (Pyronix KX15DQ)
  • Zone 11 = Intruder (Pyronix KX15DQ)
  • Zone 12 = Intruder (Magnetic door contact for outside electric meter housing, not wired and configured as SPARE at this time)

The PX15DQ PIRs have onboard jumpers for selecting resistance values and the Flex's manual says "The default zone configuration is 1 kΩ double-balanced with fault monitoring via a 3 kΩ resistor (preset 11)". The below photo shows my wiring at the PIR end. I've wired the green wire into Zone X and the black wire into the respective ground. I've done something a bit nonstandard with the PIR power wiring. Basically, I'm powering all PIRs via another source. So the + and - connections are wired up to a totally independent power source (naughty or OK?).

Everything is working as expected except for two of the zones. Zones 5 and 7 are not detected as open when triggered. All wiring has been continuity tested. Even by wiring up a different PIR to those zones, whilst sat right next to the box using new wiring isn't resolving the issue. I've got a suspicion that I may have in the past played around with setting 52.9 (Res. select), so thought I'd go back and check. However for these two zones (and only these) I am getting 'Option not available' when attempting to change the Res. select value. Anyone know why this might be?

I'm aware of the global setting inside 51.46 but I've managed to successfully specify a value for Zone 1, so why not 5 and 7?

Thanks a lot!

20170424_112111.jpg