Security Installer Community

Oops I cut my alarm cable - Help please

Hope someone can help

I was getting some work done in my kitchen and found a loose white cable that didn't go anywhere so I traced it back to the wall and cut it guess what the alarm went off!

I traced the other end of the cable and turns out it went into a pir sensor in another room the loose end of the cable I can now only assume went to a sensor for the back door that end of the cable must of had all 8 cables twined into one as only one cable was sticking out

i thought the simplest thing was to disconnect the cut cable from the pir sensor and the alarm would work again.  The problem I have as picture shows is I have 3 cables left but only 2 terminals left. The yellow, blue and green left were twined together with cable I cut and removed and were not wired to any of the terminals like the rest of the cables

I have a optima xl6 alarm and although I can disable the alarm with the code one disabled the panel is unresponsive and I can't set the alarm

I know I'm an idiot but could some one advise what to do with the 3 remaining cables to get the alarm working again

Many thanks

IMG_0146.JPG

The problem is we dont know what colours the installer used, you should have a wire in terminal 7 my guess would be green. and the twist the blue and yellow together. the system wont reset until the lid is on the detector. Also you may have blown the internal fuse when you cut the wire. 

What I would recommend is this - put BOTH White and Green in the same terminal (6 or 7 will do, this is just temporary), don't worry about putting the cover back on for now,

and see if the alarm springs into life...

Is the PIR (or any other PIR) lighting up with a red LED when you walk past them? Did they before today if not?

If not then either it's the wrong colours for tamper, you have blown the fuse, of there is another break elsewhere.

Let us know how you get on

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Er, assuming that's aimed at me, thanks but what happened?

As I say joining the two wires is just temporary, if it worked, you now need to put one in terminal 6, one in terminal 7, replace the cover, make sure it works,

then set the system and test each PIR to make sure they all trigger the alarm.

While you're at it, when was the main battery last replaced?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands