Security Installer Community

Euro46 control panel

So I'm going to fit an alarm to my new bungalow. Have narrowed it down to a Euro 46 pryronix

Not decided on PIRs yet as i want to understand about pet ones as i have a cat that wonders .

Looking at the instructions it seems ok to fit. I have never fitted one but am up to speed with electrics. 

Any one got any advice with these, good control panel ? Easy to fit and programming ? 

Many thanks 

Mark 

54 minutes ago, Mark Rider said:

So I'm going to fit an alarm to my new bungalow. Have narrowed it down to a Euro 46 pryronix

Not decided on PIRs yet as i want to understand about pet ones as i have a cat that wonders .

Looking at the instructions it seems ok to fit. I have never fitted one but am up to speed with electrics. 

Any one got any advice with these, good control panel ? Easy to fit and programming ? 

Many thanks 

Mark 

Get the Euro 46 App version mate.

Just other forums really. 

I did want that one but just put of buy the reviews really. 

Does the app work well ? Don't you have to pay a subscription For it. 

Also can you use the digi SMS add on ? 

Why do you think it's better just like to here your views 

Many thanks 

Mark 

The app works very well, especially the GPRS module with the cloud sim card.

The subscription is only £46 per year which a no brainer as there are no call changes and the like.

The GSM sim module will not work on the app panels as it needed to be the GPRS module I believe but would have to check.

"Why I think its better or one of the best" Having used all but two of the manufactures apps (& equipment) out there I'm an easy man to please in that if its basic and works without spending hours setting up its got my vote.

I dont want to install equipment at a customers and then be on call 24/7 because the app's not working.

The "current" Pyronix equipment and customers app is basic set/unset and activate some outputs, that's it and that's all you need from an alarm app in my opinion.

Great thanks that's really helpful.

I other thing i take it the app can tell you if alarm has gone off ? 

So it has a gprs module rather than a lan or WiFi . Thought it would work of that for the app over internet ?. 

Thanks again 

Mark 

Mark 

Better of with the LAN module IMO.

pstn module isn't compatible with the app panels and the wifi module isn't either due to the metal panel- they were on about releasing a wifi aerial but not sure if it's out yet. 

So the LAN module will only send push notifications to the app it won't send text message to the phone .? 

Push notifications are that reliable so may stick to GPRS. But can't find anywhere that sells the module, lots selling the panel but not the module

Mark 

A question about the App and notifications.

When the alarm is triggered and you get the "you have an alarm" notification for 20 seconds or so, is there a way to make the notification repeat itself? It is a bit poor if you do not hear the "you have an alarm" the first time around.

7 minutes ago, Amps said:

A question about the App and notifications.

When the alarm is triggered and you get the "you have an alarm" notification for 20 seconds or so, is there a way to make the notification repeat itself? It is a bit poor if you do not hear the "you have an alarm" the first time around.

Every time a detection zone is triggered it keeps sending you pushes. Its only the same as you missing the telephone call from the alarm receiving center yes?

16 minutes ago, Simlec said:

Every time a detection zone is triggered it keeps sending you pushes. Its only the same as you missing the telephone call from the alarm receiving center yes?

No this is an app 

17 minutes ago, Simlec said:

Ok mate cheers.

Well WiFi can be good depending on router type but consider this as an example , you could go quantam70 with a gprs card yes you have a contract but interns of network coverage it's better and you can use it via an app , the contract meaning for the securcom not necessarily a maintenance contract 

49 minutes ago, petrolhead said:

App bersion will sms as well as push notification if it has a digi gprs.

Can't say I have tried but in manual for gprs

IMPORTANT NOTE: The DIGI-GPRS+SIM can only be used on HomeControl+ V2.0 and V2.1 control panels. Please see your control panel user, programming and installation manuals for further information. SMS functionality is not currently supported.