Security Installer Community

IP Camera

I know that, but he is saying that was the first actually answer on the thread, i was saying the correct answer came way sooner than that. The correct answer also came from many sources, but still we seem to be getting mixed gibberish. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, petrolhead said:

Typically continuous record and 25fps 4096k 

I

2 minutes ago, petrolhead said:

I know that, but he is saying that was the first actually answer on the thread, i was saying the correct answer came way sooner than that. The correct answer also came from many sources, but still we seem to be getting mixed gibberish. 

im guessing that the quote above is what he was waiting to hear, everything else did not really make sense as none of the other figures fitted. Which is fine horses for courses but why bother asking 

I was asking if you had a standard bit rate you set your camera installs too..

i understand you say every install is different but they aren't, most fit a standard when it comes to bit rate resolution and frame complexity 

i asked what bit rates you use as standard and your first reply petrolhead didn't include this, in fact no ones did! Just the usually rubbish about making people feel superior 

• Downvote 1

Are you hard of thinking or what? Most don't fit to a standard, every reply you have had states that. There isn't a standard. The only ones who have a one size fits all standard are the donkey have-a-go chancers that plague this industry who just leave the setting at whatever factory default is because they have no idea what the setting does.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

Or is it the arrogance of so called professionals that plaque the industry 

of course there here is many cases that one solution is a starting point!

we're not all newbies here !

It may come across that way but its not intended too, its a nerdy forum full of nerds that sometimes have difficulty getting theyre point across. But sometimes the other nerds are not listening unless its something they were expecting to hear. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

I like it, defuse with empathy then take the piss!

LOL I wasnt taking the piss I was trying to explain how it is. Nobody here is out to get you, you just need to try and get us 

• Upvote 1