Security Installer Community

Galaxy G2-20 Wireless Programming

Gin

Hi, I'm in need of some help/advice please. I'm tying to find out how to reset the master and engineer codes, with only the user code known. The system was installed by ADT but is now no longer serviced by them. I'm getting false alarms on one of the PIR's every so often. I would like to programme this out of the system to test and reprogramme a new compatible PIR in if necessary. I don't believe this can be done with only the user code? Not sure if you have enough info here. Please let me know if not. Thanks in advance for any help. 

11 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Can't give it out on this forum, but why not just pay an engineer to reset them for you, normally small one off cost 

Yes, may have to do if nobody can share the info. Was hoping to do it myself really, would probably find it an interesting job too. Thanks for the reply. 

For security reasons we cannot disclose factory reset or engineers codes for systems.

It wouldn't be very secure if anyone could poke about in your alarm system.

If the sensor is programmed omittable you can arm the system omitting the one sensor each time for now as an option.

If it's wireless it may just need a service and some batteries, especially if it's been longer than 12 months since an inspection.

11 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

For security reasons we cannot disclose factory reset or engineers codes for systems.

It wouldn't be very secure if anyone could poke about in your alarm system.

If the sensor is programmed omittable you can arm the system omitting the one sensor each time for now as an option.

If it's wireless it may just need a service and some batteries, especially if it's been longer than 12 months since an inspection.

Fa on wireless pir Honeywell , battery? Unlikely

I would also look at what's in the room that might be chasing the fa, pointing at window? Balloon lol

4 hours ago, Gin said:

Hi, I'm in need of some help/advice please. I'm tying to find out how to reset the master and engineer codes, with only the user code known. The system was installed by ADT but is now no longer serviced by them. I'm getting false alarms on one of the PIR's every so often. I would like to programme this out of the system to test and reprogramme a new compatible PIR in if necessary. I don't believe this can be done with only the user code? Not sure if you have enough info here. Please let me know if not. Thanks in advance for any help. 

I'm sure your genuine but if your post is reworded to say. 

Hi, I'm in need of some help/advice please. I'm tying to find out how to reset the master and engineer codes,

please help

The system was installed by ADT but is now no longer serviced by them

please help me defeat this system I need to know when I break I have some way of defeating it

Wont happen here. I'm assuming you care about your security and those that provide it?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I already tried changing the battery and am pretty sure nothing in the room could be causing a fa. I don't have the option to omit any zone unfortunately. 

If I were to call a professional to reset the codes for me, what would I expect to pay, roughly?  

Thanks chaps.