Security Installer Community

Chubb px 500

mango

Guardall panel no longer made, I have installed them in the past didnt like them that much then, I wouldnt want to take one on now. We look after group of leisure centres and two of the bigger sites have Chubb looking after the intruder, every year the customer asks us to take them over, and I keep giving them a price to replace the panel, it never gets any cheaper and Chubb keep the contract. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/18/2017 at 7:09 AM, Lwillis said:

Yea take over a few over the years.

Thank's for the reply do you know of any problems defaulting these

17 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Guardall panel no longer made, I have installed them in the past didnt like them that much then, I wouldnt want to take one on now. We look after group of leisure centres and two of the bigger sites have Chubb looking after the intruder, every year the customer asks us to take them over, and I keep giving them a price to replace the panel, it never gets any cheaper and Chubb keep the contract. 

Sound's like a no no for me then thank's for the reply

53 minutes ago, mango said:

Thank's for the reply do you know of any problems defaulting these

Sound's like a no no for me then thank's for the reply

As I remember they were a bit a of bugger to program two phone menus one for the built in digi the other was for dialer and both very similar I often made the mistake of being in the wrong one 

If it's a Chubb panel it will have a rolling engineer code. You will need an AVRISP2 In-system programmer and the UK firmware from Guardall to change the firmware from Chubb. A lot of pain really. I maintain about 100 of them. Jim

Not worth taking it over if it's one or two systems with those in and even then you'll need to flash it.

better off swapping it out. 

The speaker outputs on them go sometimes -goes into full alarm even when unset without warning. 

7 hours ago, Jim Randle said:

Guardall use EOL 8K2 in parallel. I've changed a few out to Texecom Elite panels and left the EOL's as Guardall values. If you program the panel zones to 4K7/4K7,  it works fine. Jim

Didnt know that

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

On 3/17/2017 at 2:44 PM, mango said:

Hi has anybody taken over one of these it also has a door entry system on it.

Thank's for all the info guy's this one i think is a new control panel job.

On 3/20/2017 at 5:32 PM, Lwillis said:

Not worth taking it over if it's one or two systems with those in and even then you'll need to flash it.

better off swapping it out. 

The speaker outputs on them go sometimes -goes into full alarm even when unset without warning. 

I will avoid this one thank's for the help.

On 3/20/2017 at 7:29 PM, Nova-Security said:

Didnt know that

Sound's like a plan!!

On 3/20/2017 at 11:03 AM, datadiffusion said:

In a nutshell sounds like not worth it for a single panel

Take your point.

On 3/17/2017 at 2:44 PM, mango said:

Hi has anybody taken over one of these it also has a door entry system on it.

On 20/03/2017 at 0:04 PM, Jim Randle said:

Guardall use EOL 8K2 in parallel. I've changed a few out to Texecom Elite panels and left the EOL's as Guardall values. If you program the panel zones to 4K7/4K7,  it works fine. Jim

It may work but I wouldn't recommend it.

Leaving Guardall values at a device will mean the resistance is 4100 ohm secure and 8200 ohm active, this does not allow for any tolerance of the device or cabling either.

4K7/4K7 values should be 4700 ohm secure and 9400 ohm active, as you can see your starting to push the thresholds and could have issues.

These issues would be secure value being low enough to trigger a tamper or the active value being too low and a potential FTO.

The point of having the values spaced apart is to allow for a bit of tolerance, so I wouldn't abuse them.

On the topic, I agree with above, worked on a couple of PX500's it'll have POTD if Chubb and not to be taken on lightly as they are a bit different to other kit.

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Leaving Guardall values at a device will mean the resistance is 4100 ohm secure and 8200 ohm active, this does not allow for any tolerance of the device or cabling either.

isn't Guardall 8k2 normal and halfs on activation ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

The ends of the 8K2's are shorted together when the circuit is clear, so it's 4K1 when clear going to 8K2 when active. Throw in another 8K2 across the mask contacts for 16K4 in mask and 12K3 in fault. Used to install a few before they brought out a DT with the built in resistors, an absolute nightmare if I remember. Used to come across quite a lot of detectors badly wired by others, leading to the two ends of the 8K2 resistors shorting out, so the detector could never signal an alarm back to the panel.

Trade Member

Yep, they are parallel but as above.

It's like having two shunt resistors is the best way of describing it, one over the contact and one in series with it.

Later ones I have looked at switched to having resistor modules instead of resistors, I guess to stop the above shorting of one of the shunt resistors.

Also if that was the case standard 4K7/4K7, would work backwards so active when secure for example.

• 6 years later...