Security Installer Community

Came home last night to my Alarm beeping intermitentley about every 10-15 seconds. Then started going off. I have no power to the key pads at all. Checked online for help and have replaced a blown fuse but still no power to keypads, Disconnected the mains and the battery inside but alarm has still been going off for over an hour. When i reconnect the battery it stops for a while so was able to get some sleep but going off again. Have tried local alarm companies but as i dont have a contract with them thy wont come out until 8-12 am. Help my neighbours are ready to lynch me! 

Edited by MatColl

Leave mains and battery connected that will hopefully keep external bell from ringing 

As you keep disconnecting power it triggers the bell each time , but sounds as if your panel may have stopped charging the battery

Other option disconnect mains and battery and let bell ring for 20mins and it should have its own cut off timer  and stop , Aslong you don't reconnect anything it shouldn't ring again and wait for the alarm company 

Sadly the mains wad connected when the issue started. I got advice from an out of hours enginer who told me how to disconnect the mains then the battery inside the house.  Sadly the external battery kept the alarm going for over an hour and still not stopped.