Security Installer Community

Accenta G5 release?

Gabs

11 minutes ago, dufjax said:

Nope, not normally it was only because the sparkie brought it up.

Ah, right. I wonder if anyone buys the Metal Accenta panels? They don't seem to sell as many. 

My Accenta G5 Concept 

Accenta G5 Concept.png

Yeah, I wonder what happened to Gen 1 and Gen 2, before they went to make Gen 3 and 4, I was told the Accenta 8 was the best, bullet proof, so long as you kept on top of the battery. 

Edited by Gabs
Spelling Error

Just now, MrHappy said:

Yes just like the Lada Niva is regarded as the best Lada....

for a cheap panel its fine. Granted no one drives a lada but as we know few class their home security as more important than their smartphone choice

id also bet that every home has a more expensive tv than the control panel that protects it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

6 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Yes just like the Lada Niva is regarded as the best Lada....

Ha, Lada is an ancient car, probably the Accenta equivalent of the car world

6 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I like em there are loads of original optima, xm, xl etc still in service for over 20 years. when you see an optima in service its usually the oldest electrical device in the place!

The Optima XMs also appear to be pretty waterproof, I got one from a house that had been flooded, the grey facia was starting to peel off, but some glue and it was back, as good as new. 

5 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

for a cheap panel its fine. Granted no one drives a lada but as we know few class their home security as more important than their smartphone choice

id also bet that every home has a more expensive tv than the control panel that protects it

Yeah, what sort of panel protects your home? 

5 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

I don't.

I do agree tho, generally people would have a new car or phone every three years, many haven't had there alarm looked at in that time never mind upgrade/repairs etc.

1 minute ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I don't.

I do agree tho, generally people would have a new car or phone every three years, many haven't had there alarm looked at in that time never mind upgrade/repairs etc.

I don't even know anyone who uses their alarm anymore. How many new alarms do you install a week?