Security Installer Community

Accenta G5 release?

Gabs

11 hours ago, james.wilson said:

lol look at it properly, its the only rf I rate 

castle used to be high end, then it bought by Pyronix. Can anyone ever say they rated a Pyronix product as best?

With all of these alarms and their new features, that can contact you and do all sorts of other things, like home automation, do you not think the true meaning of a home alarm system has been forgotten? It is nice to have all of these new features, however, it can be very complicated, and may even be less reliable. 

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

you still get about on a horse?

I think I said tat wrong, all I meant was it has become so complex, it may put some people off wanting an alarm, or they may find it too complicated, compare an Optima XM to the Vanderbilt SPC alarm, surely the XM is easier to use, programme and may even be more reliable, with the only thing to go wrong a battery charging resistor 

9 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

no I disagree. More complicated to program yes, but use no id say the doc is easier especially if using prox or apps 

The Prox is a good feature, but an app on a phone makes it seem less secure, someone gets hold of your phone and it doesn't have a pass lock, they can unset your home alarm 

15 minutes ago, Gabs said:

The Prox is a good feature, but an app on a phone makes it seem less secure, someone gets hold of your phone and it doesn't have a pass lock, they can unset your home alarm 

kinda like somebody getting hold ot the keys for your house with a prox token on them ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

14 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

kinda like somebody getting hold ot the keys for your house with a prox token on them ?

I guess so, didn't think of that lol

8 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

most apps require you to enter a valid user code to use. Plus you can use the lock on the phone. Just don't write the code and your address on your phone!

Didn't think of that, wither. I was just curious, I need to get myself a high end alarm panel.