Security Installer Community

Accenta G5 release?

Gabs

I would be amazed if they even had staff left that ever worked on that product line, I could be totally wrong but would be surprised if they even owned the development equipment to make even minor changes to the G4 code either.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

8 minutes ago, datadiffusion said:

I would be amazed if they even had staff left that ever worked on that product line, I could be totally wrong but would be surprised if they even owned the development equipment to make even minor changes to the G4 code either.

Didn't they make the G4, though? Surely they would still have the code. Was it Novar that made the G3? I would have thought after 11 years, it would be time for a new one. The G3 only lasted about 4 years. 

7 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

we sell boatloads of em can't see it being discontinued 

Yeah, I would like one, but for some reason, some idiot decided to change the buttons from words to symbols! Looks stupid if you ask me. I wonder why they did that? 

Did you know the G4 "is a Grade 4 alarm"... I didn't know either, apparently a sparkie told a customer it was....... So must be true!!

Hence to say we didn't get that job with our (only) grade 2 Enforcer quote!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dufjax said:

Did you know the G4 "is a Grade 4 alarm"... I didn't know either, apparently a sparkie told a customer it was....... So must be true!!

Hence to say we didn't get that job with our (only) grade 2 Enforcer quote!

Ha, well, I guess who is the customer to question, is the Accenta a Grade 2 alarm? I can see why the customer believed him, because the panel says G4 on the front, of course it is Generation 4 Software it's running, like its predecessor, the G3

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gabs said:

Ha, well, I guess who is the customer to question, is the Accenta a Grade 2 alarm? I can see why the customer believed him, because the panel says G4 on the front, of course it is Generation 4 Software it's running, like its predecessor, the G3

Not really familiar with them I assumed they were Grade 1 but it's possible there are Grade 2 / 2x

1 minute ago, dufjax said:

Not really familiar with them I assumed they were Grade 1 but it's possible there are Grade 2 / 2x

Ah, right, I see. Do customers ask about the security grade often or not?