Security Installer Community

Texecom com wifi

Foote1234

Hi 

I've installed a complete wifi and managed to get it working on the app but it won't connect remotely. I've set up the port forwarding on bt smart hub but it's still the same.  I've spoken to texecom and get the same answer it's the port forwarding!! I'm wondering whether I've missed something somewhere.

I'm totally at a loss now and would appreciate any help!! Thanks in advance..

• Thanks for the reply.

It's on 10001 tcp and set to the ip address linked to the com wifi I've even tried renaming it. I've deleted and done it again several times. It's weird it's as if the bt smart hub is not so...

Edited by Foote1234
Mistake

1 hour ago, Foote1234 said:

Can I upload photos of settings? Gateway and DNS set to router ip? I'll take a look at digi settings and see.

Gateway is the IP of your gateway, DNS is the IP of the DNS server. If using a BT router these are likely to be that.

1 hour ago, marc03 said:

Don't even know where to start on these things yet. 

Probably not advised if you have no networking skills.

I can only suggest to follow the manual carefully.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Gateway is the IP of your gateway, DNS is the IP of the DNS server. If using a BT router these are likely to be that.

Probably not advised if you have no networking skills.

I can only suggest to follow the manual carefully.

I do have networking experiences from cctv setup and various other alarm prouducts, it's just my first 'com wifi' installation and was looking for handy tip as experience tells me sometimes these thing can turn out to be hours of unwanted fun 

Thrones

1 hour ago, marc03 said:

I do have networking experiences from cctv setup and various other alarm prouducts, it's just my first 'com wifi' installation and was looking for handy tip as experience tells me sometimes these thing can turn out to be hours of unwanted fun 

Read and follow the manual carefully in order.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/3/2017 at 5:08 PM, Foote1234 said:

I've set up the port forwarding on bt smart hub but it's still the same.  I've spoken to texecom and get the same answer it's the port forwarding!! 

Being a simple alarm monkey, there's a no. of different BT hub's I had recent one where it took 2hrs off f#cking around as the menu's where despite have the port forward set up I needed to redo the setting a 2nd time hidden deep in advanced menu,

I hate them almost as thompson / techincolour routers

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2017 at 10:30 PM, james.wilson said:

everyone should avoid port forwarding, its fraught with liability 

I"d say Texecoms manuals are fraught with much more liability as theres stuff you need to do in version three that isn't in either the wifi com manual or the main manual, its by far the worst panel on the market to set up with the crappiest app, add to the mix the BT home hub 5 and you can kiss the afternoon goodbye!!

Edited by Flossyrockstar

6 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Someone with a bad experience...

Manual is pretty comprehensive from memory.

You could say that!!! We've got thirty odd systems out there and everyone was a mare to set up.

We've stopped using Texecom now if the client requires an app and remote control and are now using HKC, it takes 5 minutes to set up and their tech support is spot on, no 20 minute wait on the phone. AND there are several things missing from the Texecom WiFi com manual and the main manual that are VITAL to its remote operation/notification, their tech support (when you can get through to them) confirmed there was stuff missing back in January this year and says the manuals will be updated sometime in the future.

48 minutes ago, Flossyrockstar said:

You could say that!!! We've got thirty odd systems out there and everyone was a mare to set up.

We've stopped using Texecom now if the client requires an app and remote control and are now using HKC, it takes 5 minutes to set up and their tech support is spot on, no 20 minute wait on the phone. AND there are several things missing from the Texecom WiFi com manual and the main manual that are VITAL to its remote operation/notification, their tech support (when you can get through to them) confirmed there was stuff missing back in January this year and says the manuals will be updated sometime in the future.

I write the manuals, please tell me what's missing from your perspective? ASFAIK nothing is missing.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom