Security Installer Community

Texecom com wifi

Foote1234

Home hubs are dire for port forwarding. 

You may remember my apocryphal tale where, unknown to me, the HH objected to the use of the word 'CCTV' as a description; it just would not work whenever that phrase was used, it wasn't just a one off either, any new ports using that name would not work. They had to be deleted and recreated using any other name to work.

Suspect this has it's origins in drop down menu (built in) port forwarding settings using the same label.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 8:43 PM, AdrianMealing said:

I write the manuals, please tell me what's missing from your perspective? ASFAIK nothing is missing.

Adrian Its the extra info that you have to put into the panel since the version 3 update

Its all a bit of a moot now anyway as the company has now been purchased by SPY alarms and I quit Friday, so Spy's problems now not mine!! :-)

Edited by Flossyrockstar

On 4/12/2017 at 9:29 PM, datadiffusion said:

Home hubs are dire for port forwarding. 

You may remember my apocryphal tale where, unknown to me, the HH objected to the use of the word 'CCTV' as a description; it just would not work whenever that phrase was used, it wasn't just a one off either, any new ports using that name would not work. They had to be deleted and recreated using any other name to work.

Suspect this has it's origins in drop down menu (built in) port forwarding settings using the same label.

Yeah the BT home hub 5 is a pile of pooh!!

4 hours ago, Flossyrockstar said:

Adrian Its the extra info that you have to put into the panel since the version 3 update

Its all a bit of a moot now anyway as the company has now been purchased by SPY alarms and I quit Friday, so Spy's problems now not mine!! :-)

Why did you quit buddy? Spill the beans :huh:

On 04/05/2017 at 2:28 PM, Flossyrockstar said:

That's only the encryption the unit will function correctly without it. (I don't agree it should, but that's another story)

You make the app generate the key and type the Hex into Engineers Utils.

The manual refers you to the full manual to do this, I recall.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/05/2017 at 7:10 PM, Amps said:

Why did you quit buddy? Spill the beans :huh:

One of our previous engineers worked at SPE before the bankers bought them out and told me nightmare stories about the installs they had and the way they treat engineers and I had had enough of the driving and 5:30 am starts. Shame really as H&S had 4 reasonably big jobs with great customers which i will miss.

On 08/05/2017 at 6:25 PM, sixwheeledbeast said:

That's only the encryption the unit will function correctly without it. (I don't agree it should, but that's another story)

You make the app generate the key and type the Hex into Engineers Utils.

The manual refers you to the full manual to do this, I recall.

Nothing to do with encryption and i can't remember what it is now, but its a real shame that the majority of the info you have to put in never changes and could be pre programmed into the panel and you can't use wintex to do it, whats the point of panel programming software if there are aspects of it that can't be used with certain bit of ancillary kit. Texecom must be loosing sales to manufacturers products like HKC whose products just work effortlessly, also sort out your tech support 1/2 an hour on hold is unacceptable.  

22 hours ago, Flossyrockstar said:

Nothing to do with encryption and i can't remember what it is now, but its a real shame that the majority of the info you have to put in never changes

Well I have no idea then, I have never had any issues from following the manual for the first few and must have done 50 odd now.

Yes there's lots of menus to go through as options are all over the place, they have been added to the existing menu structure which is why it makes more sense to regular Texecom installers

The information does change depending on what ancillary kit you fit, if you always fit the same kit it would be sensible to have a profile to dump on the panel.

you can't use wintex to do it, whats the point of panel programming software if there are aspects of it that can't be used with certain bit of ancillary kit

I don't see any reason why you can't use Wintex. The manual advises to use the keypad, possibly to avoid any misconfiguration?

Texecom must be loosing sales to manufacturers products like HKC whose products just work effortlessly, also sort out your tech support 1/2 an hour on hold is unacceptable.  

Possibly. I think they hope both will clear up post V4

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Amps said:

Possibly after a firmware update.

The next firmware update is version 4.XX is it not?

I was told by Texecom the new app (which we BETA tested) would only work with the new Texecom Connect module  and was a completely new app

1 hour ago, Maxumo said:

The next firmware update is version 4.XX is it not?

I was told by Texecom the new app (which we BETA tested) would only work with the new Texecom Connect module  and was a completely new app

It was sarcasm.