Security Installer Community

Galaxy E080 or GT-20 for RSS and App

firemonkey

Thanks, I was hoping to use the app. Looks like will have to eBay the GT-20 and get the ethernet module instead.

Has been a while since worked with intruder so a little rusty on anything app connected!

Getting back into it though, have been doing fire for too long that brain cells die off :)

25 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Gx keypad is not as good as the virtual keypad in my opinion

The app could be better. 

25 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

just need sites with virtual keypad to make it better 

Yes, I know.  I have it for the iOS including push notifications for SelfMon, but I still have to update the Android app before I release it.

I've been busy working on a new lower cost Ethernet module based on the USR-K3 with an integrated ARM processor.  The design had a bug in FreeRTOS which was driving me crazy, but I fixed that on Thursday evening, so can continue with the rest of the coding.  I have included a direct HTTP interface and it works very well.  I'll probably make an alternative firmware available for customers to flash in themselves to gain HTTPS, as licensing the SSL libraries to deliver with the hardware costs £3.5k and that would bump up the cost of the module itself.

Here's the prototype so far.  This one is RS485, but there's also the option for RS232 and that opens up the possibility of using this with Texecom panels as a cheaper solution to COM-IP.

usrk3.jpg

k3webserver.JPG

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, firemonkey said:

Thanks, I was hoping to use the app. Looks like will have to eBay the GT-20 and get the ethernet module instead.

Has been a while since worked with intruder so a little rusty on anything app connected!

Getting back into it though, have been doing fire for too long that brain cells die off :)

The Honeywell GX app will only work on the Honeywell E080-2/4 & A083 (Flex) Ethernet modules.  The E080-2 should be at V2.11 and the E080-4 should be at V3.06 to work with all combinations of panels.

14 minutes ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The app could be better. 

Yes, I know.  I have it for the iOS including push notifications for SelfMon, but I still have to update the Android app before I release it.

I've been busy working on a new lower cost Ethernet module based on the USR-K3 with an integrated ARM processor.  The design had a bug in FreeRTOS which was driving me crazy, but I fixed that on Thursday evening, so can continue with the rest of the coding.  I have included a direct HTTP interface and it works very well.  I'll probably make an alternative firmware available for customers to flash in themselves to gain HTTPS, as licensing the SSL libraries to deliver with the hardware costs £3.5k and that would bump up the cost of the module itself.

Here's the prototype so far.  This one is RS485, but there's also the option for RS232 and that opens up the possibility of using this with Texecom panels as a cheaper solution to COM-IP.

usrk3.jpg

k3webserver.JPG

Will there be a secret trade only function?

The good thing about this design is that the firmware can be upgraded from the LAN in less than 5 seconds. This makes it easier to create special firmware to do things like dumping out settings/PINs.  I would probably lock those to specific 'engineers' hardware.

1 hour ago, firemonkey said:

Someone else had the same idea with the two they had the other day...

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=122376450807&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

8 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The good thing about this design is that the firmware can be upgraded from the LAN in less than 5 seconds. This makes it easier to create special firmware to do things like dumping out settings/PINs.  I would probably lock those to specific 'engineers' hardware.

Ddns aswell thanks lol