Security Installer Community

Conxtd App

8 hours ago, jimcarter said:

I'll send some detail through to you but essentially, the installer provides us with the Camera make, fixed IP of camera and the SIA event that will be the trigger.

Support will then set up remotely (either at or post install).

So sia event from the intruder? Like system open? 

Ive seen the demo of your office 

Correct. SIA is split into a number of "bundles" such as Intruder, Fire, Temperature, Gas etc.

From here the user can select which alarms will trigger a notification, so an Open, Close, Intruder or Fire for example can be selected. 

It's worth noting that as long as the panel or even our SPT on hardwire pins is signalling a SIA event, then it will be supported on CONXTD. So you can have a very old panel on hardwire only using the service. Also, CONXTD supports multiple sites connected to a mixture of panels. 

The user can invite other users to view their systems, so if a relative was to go on holiday they could invite you to keep an eye on their system whilst they are away. It would not matter that their panel is different to yours, it's still supported through the platform.

If you think of the multi site scenario, a client with more than one premises (say a small chain of retail outlets) can view all their systems on one App and it would not matter whether they had all the same panel or a mixture of say, Texecom, Galaxy and Scantronic.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

9 hours ago, jimcarter said:

Windows based phones are via the browser rather than the App James. I'll ask if there are any plans though.

So other kit other than iOS and Android could be supported? Do the features of the browser differ to the apps?

No plans for an API?

9 hours ago, james.wilson said:

I don't do whats popular I do whats best

Ding

Yes, outside of Android and Apple it's via the browser. The features are the same for both. 

In respect of API, yes WIP at present. That is being able to receive information into CONXTD from products and services that are not necessarily confined to Intruder or Fire.

http://www.conxtd.com

Edited by jimcarter
Added info

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The browser method offers push notifications???

No, but you could set to Auto refresh, although we wouldn't recommend this. We are working on some more efficient ways of getting notifications into the browser.

This can lead onto another topic, which is alarm handling. Let's be clear now, CONXTD is not and never will be an alarm handling package like Bold, Sentinel etc. It's an end user notification tool.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

CONXTD does not need to be open to receive notifications, and yes it does provide banners on a locked screen when an event occurs.

In respect of the Galaxy and Texecom App, we have looked at both and at present they are not supported.

UDL however, via RSS & Wintex certainly is supported.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

No problem, I'll post some screen shots later when I have some time.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Yes, we have what we call our 3rd party interface for cloud to cloud connectivity. So information we are holding on the platform can be delivered to other applications.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

The annual cost is for access to the platform and UDL. If you switched to professional monitoring with and ARC then you would get a charge from them for the relevant monitoring contract.

CONXTD is an additional chargeable service.

By all means PM me if you need more info. 

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

How many of you are you guys are actually offering CONXTD to your end users.

I've tried it a few times, I actually hate it, It really pains me to say that I think the interface is far from user friendly

In my view it needs a lot of work to make it more informative and less of the in your face symbols and colours that clutter the interface.. Its a shame really,

On the plus side, Its bang on at sending all the notifications out and the price is spot on, I did speak to Callum about this a couple of months ago,

He said it had improved a lot, It just shows cluttered on my iPhone, Not tried it on Android.  Unfortunately I cant see me using this

Not an easy one to respond to as I'll end up sounding like I'm defending everything.

I guess the issue with releasing a visual aid to a complex situation is difficult to achieve and not everyone will like the outcome. In my experience there are those of us who can absorb written information and those that prefer diagrams and the like (I confess I fall into the latter, I need diagrams for everything!). So having said that, there are both symbols and written interpretations of alarm conditions within both the app and the browser.

The service was launched just recently and we have subscribers, but not hundreds yet. Feedback both good and bad can only help improve the solution.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Hi Jim

The problem I'm seeing is that new events are not clearing, It's still highlighting events that have been viewed as new. The  actual events list display is bang on and extremely easy for anyone to understand and follow, it's got smaller coloured icon indications to the left and well informative text description of the event.

My absolute single dislike is the default dashboard view with the huge icons that in my view is pointless. 

As you can see, the detailed view is perfect, but dashboard view just clutters everything. Clicking on any of the tabs just comes back with clutter that's not the easiest to follow and doesn't clear new notification events on the yellow coloured bell symbol.. 

IMG_6805.PNG

IMG_6806.PNG

IMG_6807.PNG

The front page is a summary of events that are an interpretation of the SIA event. The number of recent events is noted in the icon which can be customised, and from here you drill down into the detail. In general this is the first negative comment around the use of icons etc; shame, but I think it would be naive if we thought we would please everyone. It's a fundamental aspect of the App, so removing is not really an option for us.

I'm not sure what you mean by not clearing...if you click on the bell it provides you with the last set of alarms (i.e. the number displayed), viewing them will clear this down. I've just checked on my version (as I have to make sure I'm not talking bollox!)....and it did clear down as expected. I'll keep an eye on this though just in case there is something amiss (and thanks for mentioning it anyway).

Al...as mentioned above, this is just the number of events of that type that have been logged. CONXTD is not an alarm handling package in the vein of Patriot, Sentinel etc. It's not linking up events to form a "confirmed" as it's not meant for that type of application (Police response etc). If the user wants such features then a monitoring station is the answer. 

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

24 minutes ago, jimcarter said:

I'm not sure what you mean by not clearing...if you click on the bell it provides you with the last set of alarms (i.e. the number displayed), viewing them will clear this down.

Not on mine it doesn't, Click on the yellow bell and it greys out showing the events in a dropdown, Once you exit it the bell symbol is yellow again.. It just wont clear

These are screenshots showing exactly that, Bell is yellow, Click bell for events, Bell clears, Bell goes back yellow with same events

2017-03-07 14.07.54.png

2017-03-07 14.07.58.png

2017-03-07 14.08.04.png

2017-03-07 14.08.13.png

Edited by PSE

Not fussed about a confirmed, It does do exactly what I want regardless of the issues I seem to have with the user interface,

All I'm concerned about is Open/Close, Intruder & PA alerts

3 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Come on geezer dude carter Jim

You must be able to show a confirmed notification?

Well....not at the moment...but someone may bring it up at the next Dev meeting....

Not on mine it doesn't, Click on the yellow bell and it greys out showing the events in a dropdown, Once you exit it the bell symbol is yellow again.. It just wont clear

Ok, and mine works fine (typical) ! It's still clear from earlier. But I'll take it back to base and see what they have to say...

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk